Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RAV4 with factory navigation unfortunately no Bluetooth. I have found a few after market options but want to see if anyone out there has found something better. More than anything I'd prefer OEM Bluetooth but idk if that still possible with my head unit. This is the system I've found works with all factory controls even steering wheel controls, you can stream music and has a voice which can be turned on or off. It's from adc mobile and costs 159.99 plus s&h. Has anyone installed/found anything better or recommend this Bluetooth system I found?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
FWIW, I installed a Scosche Bluefusion BFTAK interface unit in my 2009 Base RAV4 with the base audio system (AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA playback and satellite radio). It cost me only $25 on eBay in 2013, was very easy to install, and has the basic functions we need (hands-free phone use and audio streaming).

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
I use BluLogic, it integrates perfectly with the OEM system. It's very basic. I use Siri for just about everything. No caller ID shows on my display, just TEL-MUTE, but I don't have the navigation. The link is in my sig.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the BluLogic system as well. Very factory looking. I got mine used and I think the mic was missing a cover or something, but you can see it sticking out above the start button in the second picture. Everything works really well. The one downside is that it doesn't do music. It is only for calls. That's ok because I just connect my phone to the aux jack anyway, but it would have been nice if it was an A2DP connection that would do all audio from the phone.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
I have the BluLogic system as well. Very factory looking. I got mine used and I think the mic was missing a cover or something, but you can see it sticking out above the start button in the second picture. Everything works really well. The one downside is that it doesn't do music. It is only for calls. That's ok because I just connect my phone to the aux jack anyway, but it would have been nice if it was an A2DP connection that would do all audio from the phone.
Uh, my BluLogic plays streaming music just fine while my phone is on my belt. It worked well with my old iPhone3 and still does with my iPhone5. I can play music stored on the phone, or from Pandora. I've played podcasts and even police radio using the 5-0 Radio app. All my notification tones come through as well--when I get a text the radio mutes and I hear the notification sound in the speakers. Then I hit the BluLogic button and tell Siri to read my new text message and she does. She even asks me if I wish to reply and I can dictate my reply to her and she sends it with my voice command. Does yours do any of this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Uh, my BluLogic plays streaming music just fine while my phone is on my belt. It worked well with my old iPhone3 and still does with my iPhone5. I can play music stored on the phone, or from Pandora. I've played podcasts and even police radio using the 5-0 Radio app. All my notification tones come through as well--when I get a text the radio mutes and I hear the notification sound in the speakers. Then I hit the BluLogic button and tell Siri to read my new text message and she does. She even asks me if I wish to reply and I can dictate my reply to her and she sends it with my voice command. Does yours do any of this?
Nope. It just connects to the phone, but not the phone's audio. I can do calls through it just fine, but nothing else. I've had an LG G2 and G3 with this system and neither one of them would play music through it. My wife has an HTC, but I don't think I've ever paired it. I have another HTC I could try, but what good does that do me? If it won't connect my G3's audio to the system, then it doesn't matter if it will connect to one in a box in the closet. Hmmmm.... I wonder why it hasn't ever connected to the audio? I always thought that was just the way it was. I'll have to do some looking into that. Maybe blulogic had different units that did different things. I don't want to pull out the HU to check my model number, but maybe I can find it somewhere...

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Nope. It just connects to the phone, but not the phone's audio. I can do calls through it just fine, but nothing else. I've had an LG G2 and G3 with this system and neither one of them would play music through it. My wife has an HTC, but I don't think I've ever paired it. I have another HTC I could try, but what good does that do me? If it won't connect my G3's audio to the system, then it doesn't matter if it will connect to one in a box in the closet. Hmmmm.... I wonder why it hasn't ever connected to the audio? I always thought that was just the way it was. I'll have to do some looking into that. Maybe blulogic had different units that did different things. I don't want to pull out the HU to check my model number, but maybe I can find it somewhere...
Maybe there is a setting on the phone under Bluetooth that needs to be changed. Also the firmware on your BluLogic may be different than mine. I don't know how to upgrade it or if it can be done. All I know is it is compatible with A2DP.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
JuneBug, could you share with us the model number of your BluLogic?
The Toyota part number is PT923-00097. I don't know what the model number is. Since I got it second hand it didn't come in a box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Toyota part number? Is this a factory part? Where did you buy this system? Also was wondering if you have the button with the calls like shown above

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Toyota part number? Is this a factory part? Where did you buy this system? Also was wondering if you have the button with the calls like shown above
Yes, it's a Toyota part with a Toyota part number. I actually traded another member of this forum for another accessory. It has the same button as shown in the picture below. You can find all the BluLogic manuals on this page:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/104-r4w-members-only/88173-rav4-4-3-accessory-manuals.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I unpaired my phone with the Blu Logic to see if maybe there was a setting I missed. It shows up on the bluetooth list as Blu Logic 1421. I wonder if 1421 is a model that doesn't do music streaming? I couldn't find anything in the phone settings to let me change how the phone connects to it.

What setting do you have the head unit on when it plays the music? Does it just overtake the radio on any setting? Is yours connected to the navigation?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Actually, the more I think about it the more it doesn't really bug me. I've read that the audio only comes through the front speakers. When I connect my phone through the AUX jack it comes through them all. I definitely want that. There are other bluetooth solutions if I really want my phone to connect to audio and voice. It's not a super high priority for me. I have a couple dead zones near military bases on my commute to and from work, so I don't talk on the phone much while driving anyway.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
So I unpaired my phone with the Blu Logic to see if maybe there was a setting I missed. It shows up on the bluetooth list as Blu Logic 1421. I wonder if 1421 is a model that doesn't do music streaming? I couldn't find anything in the phone settings to let me change how the phone connects to it.

What setting do you have the head unit on when it plays the music? Does it just overtake the radio on any setting? Is yours connected to the navigation?
Mine shows up as BluLogic 1111. Then the pass code I enter into my phone is 1234. It overtakes the head unit in any mode. I also use Google Maps with turn by turn navigation and it interrupts the music briefly when giving directions. There are no settings on the head unit to change. In fact I can turn off the head unit (or even remove it) and still play music and make calls with the BluLogic. The reason is the BluLogic has its own audio amplifier and since it is plugged into the speakers before the head unit, it takes over the speakers. And yes, it only plays through the front speakers, but to tell you the truth it sounds great and I almost never have anyone sitting in back so it doesn't make any difference to me.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
I sent you a PM, Louie.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmmm.... That's weird. I sort of wish mine had the ability and I could chose either way. I use Google Maps all the time and it would be nice to have the voice take over the radio. Oh well... I'm waiting for the Android double din headunits to improve a little and then I'm going to install one of those anyway. Then it won't really matter. I'll just sync to that. In the meantime, it is nice to be able to wait on hold without having the phone up to my ear or just easy stuff like get the annoying Flight of the Valkyrie ring when the phone is in my pocket.

Have you found any way to change the ring that the system makes? I hate that. lol

I looked these up on ebay and you can get the same part number that JuneBug has for about $35 bucks right now. Pretty cheap bluetooth for your car. I'd buy one and swap mine out to see if it makes any difference if I had any desire to take everything apart again. $35 seems like a really good deal for something like getting bluetooth in your car without needing to charge anything or take up an aux input.

edit: Oh, the other thing I thought of is that mine doesn't even ask me for a pairing code. Even when I remove the pairing and reconnect it doesn't ask me. I wonder if I tried connecting my tablet to it if it would be any different... I'll have to check that this afternoon before I leave.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Have you found any way to change the ring that the system makes? I hate that. lol
Mine uses whatever ring tone I have programmed into the phone. It sounds like an old fashioned rotary dial phone. And I can program a different ring tone for each of my contacts if I want.

I looked these up on ebay and you can get the same part number that JuneBug has for about $35 bucks right now. Pretty cheap bluetooth for your car. I'd buy one and swap mine out to see if it makes any difference if I had any desire to take everything apart again. $35 seems like a really good deal for something like getting bluetooth in your car without needing to charge anything or take up an aux input.
Yeah, I saw one on Ebay for $39, looked like it had been removed from a vehicle. TRD Sparks Toyota has them brand new in the box for $99 with limited quantities available. Something tells me the new ones won't be around much longer.

edit: Oh, the other thing I thought of is that mine doesn't even ask me for a pairing code. Even when I remove the pairing and reconnect it doesn't ask me. I wonder if I tried connecting my tablet to it if it would be any different... I'll have to check that this afternoon before I leave.
That's strange, it's almost like yours is a different system. Mine was specifically made for the RAV4, but they sold them for all different Toyotas. I do have an Android tablet--maybe I'll try pairing that up and see if it plays music.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It is definitely Blu Logic. That is even the name of it on the Bluetooth list. I think I just have one that is only a phone connection. I paired my tablet with it and it did the same thing. It just paired for phone audio only. No big deal... I've lived this way as long as I've had the car and haven't felt like I'm suffering at all. I'd rather hear my music through all of the speakers and the sub, so having it just through the front speakers would only help me in the case of google directions.

I guess this is just something for people to be aware of. There are versions out there that are only going to pair for phone calls and not for phone media. If you get the one for phone calls only, then be prepared for an obnoxious ring tone. ;) My UE Boom2 speaker plays the same ring tone and it is connected to phone calls and phone media, so I'm wondering if that is something I can adjust... I've never set that as a ring tone on anything in my life, so I'm not sure where that came from.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts