Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2006 Rav4 limited 2.4L 4 cyclinder. I changed rear brake pads along with the cabin filter yesterday. Today I noticed VSC, 4WD and Check engine lights stays on after vehicle in driving. tried to disconnected the battery and reconnect after 15 minutes. still 3 messages come back. since my dealer quoted $350.00 to change in brake pad, I did it myself. did I screwed something bad. Please provide me what to check for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My son installed rear brake pads on our Sequoia and had a similar situation. It was a matter of reversing the install of the pad and then disconnecting the battery for a few minutes...sorry I can't give more info. I know he used YouTube as a reference. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,193 Posts
About the only thing I could think you might have done wrong is somehow messed with the ABS wheel sensor. Otherwise it's just a coincidence.
At this point get the codes read to find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked the codes with
P0138 - Oxygen sensor
P0606 - ECM.

Since I replaced the air filter, is P0138 related to that. I am trying to open up the filter and check the pads again. please let me know if any information to help me.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
checked the codes with
P0138 - Oxygen sensor
P0606 - ECM.

Since I replaced the air filter, is P0138 related to that. I am trying to open up the filter and check the pads again. please let me know if any information to help me.
Did you change the engine air filter or the cabin air filter? If it's the engine air filter, you may not have reseated the housing properly or reattached any hoses or clips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. It was the issue with the air filter. I checked the air filter again and battery reconnect, the messages are gone. Thank you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just as an FYI for future reference. When the Engine Light comes on in the RAV it will automatically turn the 4WD and VSC lights on as well. The computer automatically goes into shut down mode when the Engine Light comes on, it will start shutting down non essential options to keep the engine running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts