Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first post. I recently traded my '98 Tacoma with a family member for a sweet little '97 Rav-4 with only 47k miles on it. This car is GREAT, and I know I'm so lucky to have it! I brought it into the dealership for a full tune-up, and now it's running like a top, after sitting unused in a garage for most of the last 10 years. The tune-up included a new timing belt, spark plugs, battery, flushing/replacing all fluids, and replacing seals & gaskets. It was a spendy repair, but felt worthwhile given the low mileage of the vehicle.

BUT... after driving maybe 8 miles, my check engine light came on. It wasn't on before. Any thoughts? I haven't called the garage yet to check up on it, but thought maybe somebody here had experienced something similar. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
I'd take it back and have them check it. Could be another part that needs replacement or just a wire that got left disconnected when they did the work. They'll read the codes and find out.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Did you take it to a Toyota dealership or to an independent garage? Take it back and explain the situation. They may have left a vacuum hose disconnected or some other simple thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts