Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some basic model like LE, XLE, it doesn't come with an alarm system (unless you upgrade with an option for thousand more). What kind of aftermarket alarm system choice are there? I did some research and found that in UK, there is a product called Cobra 4615 which includes ultrasound to detect intrusion. It has the feature to detect a hand through an open windows. Also, it uses CAN BUS which minimize the cutting of wire. What option do we have in USA?

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
31 Posts
Maybe I'm biased because I used to install their products back in the mid-to-late 90's, but I would never install anything but DEI on any of my vehicles. www.directed.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SlammedNiss.

Can DEI alarm use the same factory remote? I like the factory remote and don't want to carry another one just for alarm.

·
Registered
2011 Barcelona Red Rav4 Sport
31 Posts
Thanks SlammedNiss.

Can DEI alarm use the same factory remote? I like the factory remote and don't want to carry another one just for alarm.
It's been a few years since I've been in the game. I know they can for remote starters, but not sure about for security.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyota sell a part called "Vehicle Intrusion Protection (VIP) Security System" (part # PT39842131 ). Do we have such a choice in the newer model?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts