1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the market for fender flares?

I am.

here in Trinidad, none of the rav4s are coming with fender flares :evil:

So I emailed Bushwacker and EGR. Already got a reply from Bushwacker. (2006 Rav4 flares not available on website yet)

They said they have flares available already. Part number 31915-04, the suggested retail is $431.00
Of course I specified 2006 Rav4 in my email, but I'll have to write them again to confirm.

Can anyone in the states follow up on this?

I'm still standing by on a reply from EGR.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hey Faraz.. it's been a while since i've seen you around here :). For what i've gathered by reading your post, i assume that you bought a 2006? :? Planning to get one and before getting one, checking if aftermarket fenders are available for the '06? :? Just wondering :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Miriam, nice to hear from you :)

but it is plan B. Source and get all the accessories first, then get the Rav4. Toyota told me I can't get any until July which works out just fine for me actually..

It gives me the time to get the flares, 18"wheels etc, and organize a sale for my current 4.2.

So how's your Rav4 doin?

Michael, as soon as I get another reply, I will post it. I am looking forward to the reply from EGR more than Bushwacker because the EGR kit fits narrower than the Bushwacker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so I got my replies.

No luck either way.

Bushwacker wrote back to say they were mistaken about the year, they really meant 2005, not 2006. They don't have any plans to produce flares for this model in the near future.

Unfortunately, neither does EGR.

so in a nutshell, no aftermarket fender flares available for a while.
Unless some other brand that I don't know about, brings them out.

Oh well!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Faraz said:
So how's your RAV4 doin?
My baby is doing fine :thumbs_up:. I bought some EGR fender flares for it but haven't put them on since i either have to paint the bumpers to match the fenders or viceversa, and i really don't have the time or money to have them painted :(. You can check them out in my album, as i just stuck the flares with double sided tape just to see what they looked like :D

P

·
0 Posts
In the downloadable "general" brochure from toyota.com, it states that fender flares are not only standard on the Sport (indicated on pg 7), but also standard on the Limited V6, 2WD (indicated on pg 8, vehicle #4451).

Unless I'm reading this wrong (or it's a typo), maybe there are flares for the Limited.

W

·
0 Posts
Hi guys, got good news. Just spoke to the dealer for EGR yesterday and he told me that the fenders will in my country by next or the following week. I have also installed the EGR headlight and bonnet protector yesterday.

BTW, the original Toyota fenders are available in Singapore too. They cost around $399 US and come color coded.

V

·
0 Posts
Response to ppuder -
I just picked up a V6 Limited FWD last week and it does not have fender flares. Either the brochure is wrong or this will be an update/option for the Limiteds in the near future?

P

·
0 Posts
Re: flares on FWD V6 Limited in eBrochure.

I think it is just a mistake in the eBrochure too. After my post, I received an actual brochure mailed from Toyota. It did not list the flares on FWD V6 Limited.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts