Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any information on where I could look for aftermarket Fog Lamps for an 05 Sport? The dealer quoted me some crazy $2500 price stating that the wiring harness, relay, lights & switch on the blinker arm need to be added/replaced.

I guess first question would be is what the dealer telling me accurate? Does anybody have any experience with this?

2nd, does anybody know where I could get foglamp kit that I could install for my newly aquired 05 Sport?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Scott G.

K

·
0 Posts
not on the blinker stick

I had fog lamps added to my new RAV at the dealership. I first got the same kind of insane quote as you but that's because the standard fog lamps are switched via the blinker stick. Expensive replacement of parts and relays...
Instead of that, I had them mount the fog lamp switch separately on one of the accessory blank switch panels to the lower left of the steering column. This route was way cheaper, about $450, and works just fine.

B

·
0 Posts
Aftermarket fog light diameter for 2005 Sport?

My pockets aren't deep enough to go the route many of you have, so I'm looking at cheap alternatives and looking for round aftermarket lights to stick in there... If anyone else has taken this approach, what diameter lights did you use? Any particular brand/model recommendations?

Thanks,
Benny

B

·
0 Posts
Update on cheap fog lamp alternatives for 2005...

I settled on a pair of 4.5" Eurotech Engineering Angel Eyes (with BMW-style glow ring) that I picked up for under $60. I have experience doing stuff like this myself, so I don't expect the install to be a problem...

They should arrive in the next 10 days or so and I'll post details of the installation if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
93 Posts
bought lights from ebay (trendgear), installed the lights a few months back but just did the wiring yesterday, the harness was ok, didnt use the oem wires cause it didnt came w/ the relay and switch from trendgear had different socket from oem also the switch it came with wouldn't lock into dash, needed to improvise.

B

·
0 Posts
2005 Insert removal tips?

I want to avoid damaging anything in removing the round factory inserts before installing my new fog lamps -- I would really appreciate any tips if anyone has done this on a 2005...

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
the inserts easily pops out by pushing it from the inside of bumper, has plastic locks on both side, just open the plastic liners inside the fender by unscrewing one at the side and the other at the bottom and just make enough room for u to work from behind the bumper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts