1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
684 Posts
The process is straight forward, I did a similar kit on a 2013 Kia Sorento a few years back. The fog light and plastic cover fit directly where they should. The included wire harness is not an oem harness so here how it goes.

• Wire to the both fog light.
  • Connect the positive to the battery
  • Find a good ground for the negative
  • Route the switch to the cabin
Now this is where it gets fun. The supplied switch is only a push switch, so you can drill a hole somewhere and have it sit there. It usually come with a drilling template so it's quite easy.

You can also look for a kit that contain the steering wheel arm with the fog light switch in order to have an OEM look but they are normally a pain to install since you are pulling the steering apart and there are some easy part to break and I personally hate working around a air bag, but this is the way to have a clean install.

Or the third way and the way I do it, is simply tap the positive and switch wire directly to my day running light. This way, I don't forget the switch on so it won't drain my battery, the fog light turn on automatically and they turn off as well with the high beam on. I have no idea if this is legal or if it would pass safety in your area, but here in Canada, I've never been bothered.

In the end, just take your time, plan your layout up front and make sure to use zip tie to hold everything in place. It should take you about an hour to two depending how skillful you are and which method you chose.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I decided it's a waste of time and money to replace fog assembly and replaced with these bulbs. Gave me the the color look I wanted and bright too:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I decided it's a waste of time and money to replace fog assembly and replaced with these bulbs. Gave me the the color look I wanted and bright too:

Replacement is even easier lol.

It for people with an base LE like mine that have no Fog light. These kits can be interesting. I might add them later on but see no rush as the headlight are plenty enough. I just find it look's cheap with those plastic cover.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Replacement is even easier lol.

It for people with an base LE like mine that have no Fog light. These kits can be interesting. I might add them later on but see no rush as the headlight are plenty enough. I just find it look's cheap with those plastic cover.
I missed that was install of them and not replacement. In any case, I actually may replace my fog lights with something cooler looking when we have more options. Until then bulbs are fine. Perhaps even something like this

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The process is straight forward, I did a similar kit on a 2013 Kia Sorento a few years back. The fog light and plastic cover fit directly where they should. The included wire harness is not an oem harness so here how it goes.

Now this is where it gets fun. The supplied switch is only a push switch, so you can drill a hole somewhere and have it sit there. It usually come with a drilling template so it's quite easy.

You can also look for a kit that contain the steering wheel arm with the fog light switch in order to have an OEM look but they are normally a pain to install since you are pulling the steering apart and there are some easy part to break and I personally hate working around a air bag, but this is the way to have a clean install.

Or the third way and the way I do it, is simply tap the positive and switch wire directly to my day running light. This way, I don't forget the switch on so it won't drain my battery, the fog light turn on automatically and they turn off as well with the high beam on. I have no idea if this is legal or if it would pass safety in your area, but here in Canada, I've never been bothered.

In the end, just take your time, plan your layout up front and make sure to use zip tie to hold everything in place. It should take you about an hour to two depending how skillful you are and which method you chose.
Thank you for that Sunken. Noticed that yours in your profile pic looks exactly like ours. Love the LE as we didn't want the sunroof. Also found a great inexpensive source for the cargo cover, and cargo net. Wish we could have found one with RCTA and BSM. Sometimes we could use a little more light on dark roads at night, and it can get foggy, so thinking about driving lights, or fog lights. If you do decide to install, please let us know. Would love to see exactly how you did it in the 2019 Rav4 Hybrid, and how well the supplied switch fits in the dash. There seems to be a nice blank in the panel of the LE on the lower left next to the Auto High Beam Switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did anyone install aftermarket fogs on their LE? I'm mid process now and trying to find a location to go through the firewall. Also for the positive I'm running it from the 12v battery in the back all the way to the front. Is there better way?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The law requires that the fog lights turn off when the high beam lights are on, this is how it works on company installations.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dumb question maybe but do the authorities check if the fogs do go off with high beam. No such rule here so light up as needed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dumb question maybe but do the authorities check if the fogs do go off with high beam. No such rule here so light up as needed.
That has never happenned me yet. I am sure they could and impose a 48h safety inspection to piss you off lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts