Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 Toyota Rav4 Limited and want to put in an aftermarket GPS Navigation stereo with backup camera. I was looking at the Jensen CMR462 system but wasn't sure if anyone else has used this one or has another recommendation. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to do this. Any recommendations would be welcome.

·
Super Moderator
11,804 Posts
Moved to correct forum

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was looking at the Jensen CMR462 system but wasn't sure if anyone else has used this one or has another recommendation.
Are you sure about the model? Nothing shows up in search from Jensen. You can reuse the factory bracket and bezel, just add TTR992 to fill in the gaps on both sides of the radio. You can get the Crux SWRTY-61N to retain the SWC, AUX, and USB features, and it includes the antenna adapter as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure about the model? Nothing shows up in search from Jensen. You can reuse the factory bracket and bezel, just add TTR992 to fill in the gaps on both sides of the radio. You can get the Crux SWRTY-61N to retain the SWC, AUX, and USB features, and it includes the antenna adapter as well.
I'm not sure what that post was about. I'm just replacing my 86120-0R130 stereo in a 2012 Toyota rav4 limited. I'm having a hard time determining which of the plugs in the back of the current radio is currently used and what they are used for. Below is the picture of the back of the existing radio. The wiring harness that I got with my new radio have a connector for the left two plugs and the right one. I believe the middle two will not be necessary since I don't know the wiring diagram for the second from the right. Any ideas? I am thinking that the Bluetooth microphone and the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
The wiring harness that I got with my new radio have a connector for the left two plugs and the right one. I believe the middle two will not be necessary since I don't know the wiring diagram for the second from the right. Any ideas? I am thinking that the Bluetooth microphone and the steering wheel controls.
The wiring harnesses that you have are only for the power/audio/turn-on and antenna. You're missing the USB and SWC/AUX interface, these are the parts you need to retain those features.
The non-labeled connector is where the backup camera would be, however, yours is in the rearview mirror. There is a way to route it to the aftermarket radio, but it's more work, you can take a look at this post.

There is NO interface with the factory microphone because it uses a digital 4-wire protocol. You'll need to manually install the aftermarket mic with the 2.5mm jack to the back of its radio.

·
Registered
2004, Automatic
46 Posts
Anyone familiar with the 86120-0R130 know if it needs to be in park to change the blue tooth settings?

I picked up one for $30 bucks and it fits perfectly in my 2004 rav (and matches well with the orange). Sadly the Bluetooth functions are not showing up in the menu which is the reason I bough it. I only have the standard Toyota plugs plugged in. I have an antenna adapter on the way and a 28 pin connector.

I've been trying to figure out if it needs a VSS(speed sensor) wire or a parking brake and trying to tap into my VSS and holding it to the correct pin with no luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I recently purchased a 2012 Toyota Rav4 Limited and want to put in an aftermarket GPS Navigation stereo with backup camera. I was looking at the Jensen CMR462 system but wasn't sure if anyone else has used this one or has another recommendation. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to do this. Any recommendations would be welcome.
How much does an arm and leg go for these days?

Looks like that's a $160 radio. I haven't dabbled in double DIN Nav for about 4 years, but at that time you had to spend an arm and a leg to get a usable GPS interface (and I imagine things havent changed much). The camera is nothing as any old radio can do that, even a $30 kit from Pep boys can do that. If you really want this GPS to be a usable feature I recommend spending the right amount to get the best interface that suits your needs and budget.

I have what should have been a nice premium name double din with GPS and it is slow, interface is clunky, and it gets hot during GPS (however it has never crashed). The model was released around 2014 with a current retail value of around $250.

The editor's pick on this website this website I just found is $1000. Crutchfield has always been a reputable dealer and prices around 25% of $1000.

I would pass on the generic units. When have you ever seen a generic head unit in a used car? Rarely if ever presumably because they die or get rejected from the owners via buyers remorse.

If you are utterly sticker shocked right now I would recommend skip the navigation feature entirely and get a solid reliable radio with backup camera. It's a Toyota; the philosophy of the car is only using intuitive simple reliable equipment.

TLDR if you are willing to experiment try a cheapy but if you want it to really work like it should then fork over 4 figures.

Reactions: Richsadams
1 - 8 of 8 Posts