Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a 2001-2004 weapon r intake for a 2004 rav4. however the car does not turn on. it dies right after i turn the key unless i rev it. 2nd, it doesnt go past 3000 rpm and if it was to reach near 3000 rpm it struggles and sputters. is there a sensor problem? Whats going on?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a sensor problem. I recall someone before had the same problem with their custom CAI where the Rav would die on startup or sputter. Check your connections around the sensors again and make sure they're fitted tight.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i know this doesn't help with your problem, but weapon r basically sucks. all the reviews say the filter is no good and actually tears apart and gets sucked into the engine. some who buy 'em end up using a different filter but just installing the pipe. the weapon r is also not really a cold air intake. it's just a long pipe that extends to nearly the same area as the stock one except you don't have an air box. Plus the air filter looks horid.

detach it and put on your stock equipment.

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
zoomie said:
i know this doesn't help with your problem, but weapon r basically sucks. all the reviews say the filter is no good and actually tears apart and gets sucked into the engine. some who buy 'em end up using a different filter but just installing the pipe. the weapon r is also not really a cold air intake. it's just a long pipe that extends to nearly the same area as the stock one except you don't have an air box. Plus the air filter looks horid.

detach it and put on your stock equipment.
zoomie is right. :wink:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I guess it helps to do the research. SOrry I don't mean to rub it in. Honestly, I was close to purchasing that intake also. I thought that $79 bucks was a steal and actually preordered it with Brandsport only to cancel the order a couple days later.

For future research just type in whatever it is you're looking for and type "forum" or "review" after it. Often times you'll get car reviews if you type review, but every now and then you'll see a real review of the product. carreview.com has some great product reviews also.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You guys were looking into their older Dragon or Hyper intakes? Yeah, they were kinda junky, but I'd say you guys should check out their newer Secret Weapon intakes. They just posted dyno results for the Xb and TC. Both gained about 8hp near 5400 rpm. Probably good news for the 2azfe owners.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanted to install one too but guys at the tuning store told me it will perform even worse than stock. I think you better switch to stock. :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts