Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2007 Rav4 base model, I am happy for the most part with it. Just joined the forum today.

Has anybody here purchased a small 12 volt LED light bar to mount in the rear cargo area, and tied it to the cargo light switch?

I am not talking about converting the existing, poorly placed, cargo light to LED, but adding an aftermarket light bar.

If so, which light bar did you use, and how did you mount it?

-Snebar

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats a great idea! I noticed that the light was kinda useless when I was loading up the back and hooking up my boat trailer at night and needed night vision goggles!!
Any leads on aftermarket light bars?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Otherwise tap the switched 12V power from the original back door light, wire it to the ceiling, and install any flat LED light or LED light bar you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Otherwise tap the switched 12V power from the original back door light, wire it to the ceiling, and install any flat LED light or LED light bar you want.
That is what I plan to do. I just wondered which LED light others used here, and from what source they purchased it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is what I plan to do. I just wondered which LED light others used here, and from what source they purchased it.
I personaly would install a flat recessed LED light which lines with the ceiling.
You can take a LED bar, but I would think this could be in the way when loading cargo. Or you can even punch you head.

You can search on Ebay, Ali Express, etc. and use the search words: "Car Ceiling LED Light". You'll find plenty of good ideas for even $5,00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts