Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I have a 2010 Rav4 Limited V6, I want to do a custom black mesh grill, the problem is the bumper cuts through the middle of the grill and has the big Toyota emblem. Has anyone done a custom mesh grill for this model? Is this anything available on the aftermarket? I feel like if I wanted to do a full blacked out grill I'd have to start with the non limited bumper to get rid of that center piece, or at the very least I could dip the middle piece black, but I'd rather have the whole front opening be one piece kind of like how the 2019 Rav4 Adventure looks.

Any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Google says: #Aliexpress US $135.90 10%OFF | Front Bumper Sport Mesh Grill Grille Fits for Toyota RAV4 RAV 4 09-12 2009-2012
It is not for the Limited model which the OP has. The one you posted is for the Base or Sport model. The Limited grill is very different with 2 narrow sections.

This one may fit the Limited model and is a mesh style that can be painted black. The seller say it fits 2011 to 2012 but not 2010? I checked and the 2009 to 2012 grills are the same on the Toyota website.

Toyota grill (see Whats Fits and shows 2009 to 2012 Limited V6)

·
Registered
2010 Rav 4 3.5 L V6
2 Posts
I had been looking for this grille for so long! Thank you so so much for showing me it was just on ali express I'm such an idiot...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plasti dip is probably your best bet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's awesome I couldn't find any pics of that online, I was leaning towards that route too. Do you have any close up pics of the edges on the middle part was it easy to get a clean line? What kind of mudflaps are those?

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's awesome I couldn't find any pics of that online, I was leaning towards that route too. Do you have any close up pics of the edges on the middle part was it easy to get a clean line? What kind of mudflaps are those?
The quality of the photo isn't too good right now. Honestly, I've had excellent results with plasti dip. Next time I will use glossifier ontop of it. Dipyourcar.com has kits that you can buy. Or you can buy the cans at Walmart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The quality of the photo isn't too good right now. Honestly, I've had excellent results with plasti dip. Next time I will use glossifier ontop of it. Dipyourcar.com has kits that you can buy. Or you can buy the cans at Walmart.

Oh I meant closer of the grill. My hang up with dipping the grill is the middle section that is color matched on the limited models, there isn't really a clean line to tape off so I was curious how you got yours. Thanks tho!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh I meant closer of the grill. My hang up with dipping the grill is the middle section that is color matched on the limited models, there isn't really a clean line to tape off so I was curious how you got yours. Thanks tho!
I'll take one tomorrow, but the lines on the side aren't too good. The plasti dip dried too fast and the tape screwed up the line. But, because I think that the limited grill is pretty bad looking, I'll keep it.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about a "billet" grill instead?

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - no track time yet. ** Login • Instagram
Thanks for looking but the real problem is that I am trying to get rid of the center piece that is paint matched, I want it to look more like the standard front end rather than the limited I guess.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for looking but the real problem is that I am trying to get rid of the center piece that is paint matched, I want it to look more like the standard front end rather than the limited I guess.
You're going to have to exchange the front end with a standard for that route.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That bumper cover on the limited is 52119-0R903, the Sport is 52119-0R902, the base is 52119-0R901. They are at least $220, without shipping. Then you need to paint them.
I guess the Sport had fog lights and the base didn't?

The "suppression" versions don't have the - between the groups of numbers.

·
Registered
566 Posts
This thread made me curious. I took a closer look at my front grille. Holly smokes, not only that I have the "Limited" fat crossbar, half of the top is blocked! Why???
Now I want to replace the factory grille too!

·
Registered
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited
4 Posts
This thread made me curious. I took a closer look at my front grille. Holly smokes, not only that I have the limited fat crossbar, half of the top is blocked! Why???
Now I want to replace the factory grille too!

View attachment 154623
My 2010 limited has the same grill, with the honeycombs blocked also (V4)... aaaand now I want to change it haha.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am ready to take a hole-saw to that grill closed hexagons...
This is today's temperature reading, in slow traffic, 2PM.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Seeing a lot of modern cars with partial openings in their grills I assume it’s designed for optimal airflow or something, but full mesh grills definitely do look better

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am ready to take a hole-saw to that grill closed hexagons...
This is today's temperature reading, in slow traffic, 2PM.

View attachment 155064
Do you have a trans cooler installed yet? Mine made a huge difference...

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - 13.36 @ 105.61. ** Login • Instagram

1 - 20 of 20 Posts