Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought a 1998 toyota r4 with an aftermarket moon roof. It actually slides back into the roof. It's kinda cool. Anyways,
I live in Chico Ca and it's been difficult to find someone to work on the moon roof because it's leaking. After going to 3 different places I was reffered to bullets audio in sacramento. They quoted me $400 to replace the cams and service the moon roof. Is that a fair price.? Also, I need to repair the upholstery on the interior roof. Can anyone recommend an upholstery business that wont charge $400?

It's a difficult upholstery job because the roof cutout was cut in order to install the moon roof.

I live about an hour north of sacramento so any suggestions in this area would be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer! Aftermarket "sunroofs" or moon roofs are notorious for leaking. If the previous owner did a half-assed job installing it then you might have to pull it and start all over again, seriously, you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the **** I've seen. (Most people shouldn't be allowed to drive a car much less work on one.) However, if he did a competent job then he installed the drain tube(s) correctly also, and they tend to plug up which causes water to collect around the seals which will eventually leak because the body of a car flexes. Find the drain tube(s) and be certain they drain. They usually drain toward the front drivers side alongside the windshield, but the passenger side should be checked too. Best of luck to ya.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.