Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dealer who has the exact car I want...except it is missing the JBL radio upgrade (EEJ).

I know the upgrade also adds speakers...

My question - how difficult would it be for me to upgrade the sound system aftermarket?

Would I be able to add the extra speakers? How are the speakers in the "regular" radio (looking at a LTD 4x4).

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Any decent stereo installer can upgrade the Rav's sound system. but I would rather get the factory JBL system.. If I were you I would check around at other Toyota dealers to see what they have OR det the toyota of your choice locate and deliver the exact rav you want. Thats what I did.. What part of jersey? There are a lot of Toyota dealers in south jersey near me..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in northern NJ - Morris County. If I can't find a car configured the way I want (at this price), I might wait for an aftermarket bluetooth stereo to become available and upgrade to that later.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upgraded stereo also includes the Steering wheel controls... which I imagine would be fairly complicated (and a bit of a pain) to do yourself (or even via an installer).

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Biggest issue is that it would have to be tied into the factory wiring harness. If not, it would require a special connection and corresponding input in the back of the radio head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts