Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dealer who has the exact car I want...except it is missing the JBL radio upgrade (EEJ).

I know the upgrade also adds speakers...

My question - how difficult would it be for me to upgrade the sound system aftermarket?

Would I be able to add the extra speakers? How are the speakers in the "regular" radio (looking at a LTD 4x4).

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Any decent stereo installer can upgrade the Rav's sound system. but I would rather get the factory JBL system.. If I were you I would check around at other Toyota dealers to see what they have OR det the toyota of your choice locate and deliver the exact rav you want. Thats what I did.. What part of jersey? There are a lot of Toyota dealers in south jersey near me..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in northern NJ - Morris County. If I can't find a car configured the way I want (at this price), I might wait for an aftermarket bluetooth stereo to become available and upgrade to that later.

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Becky drove over 1000 miles to get the RAV4 she wanted... where's your sense of adventure? :wink:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upgraded stereo also includes the Steering wheel controls... which I imagine would be fairly complicated (and a bit of a pain) to do yourself (or even via an installer).

·
Registered
654 Posts
I could have sworn there's something in the owners manual that said something about the aux jack in the compartment not being able to work with aftermarket stereos. Don't know if this is a problem for you or not. I'll have to look it up.

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Biggest issue is that it would have to be tied into the factory wiring harness. If not, it would require a special connection and corresponding input in the back of the radio head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts