Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... how many of you have replaced your manual gear shift knob with an aftermarket one?

I like the stock shift knob, but I'm sort of "causually" shopping around for an aftermarket one. Aside from mere cosmetic appearance, there is no real "need" for a replacement shift knob, although many out there look pretty cool.

Do many shift knobs fit cleanly on the RAV4, or do they still leave bare metal between the knob and the shift boot?

Thanks. 8)

·
Registered
471 Posts
just as a side note when i worked at toyota dealership i saw a guy who had chrome tc shift knob on shit 04 rav and it looked like it was designed for. i asked the guy if he had any problems with it he said none so far.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removal question

Does the manual shift knob screw on/off? If not, how do you remove it?

Thanks,

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine replaced and all I get from friends are praises. I had the matching knob and hand brake cover. I can send you some pictures if you're interested. [email protected]

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everybody's advice. 8) Actually, I've already installed a MOMO Short Anatomic Leather knob. It looks pretty cool, and not to obvious (which is what I like).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts