Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I'd like to get some aftermarket wheel covers for our new RAV. Something that is unique, yet reasonably priced.

Any suggestions? How about websites?

Thanks!

p.s. I don't like chrome.

p.p.s. We have 16" wheels...and, couldn't find anything local.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I too was looking for something that looked better than the wheelcovers that come stock. I wish I had opted for the alloy rims and may eventually just put some chrome ones on. I haven't found anything yet but you might just check around on ebay.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mhgsx said:
The have some spinner wheel covers over at Wal-Mart! Your choice in chrome or silver. :p
LOL! My husband wanted spinner wheel covers...I knixed that idea. I'm not sure if my husband was joking about the spinners...but, I'm sorry...they aren't for me!

When we went to Wal*Mart...they only had 13" and 14" tires. We have 16". We had a hard time finding 16" for some reason.

Anyway...we did end up finally finding some last week at a different Pep Boys a bit further from where we live...and, I like them A LOT better than the ones that came with the RAV. I know they are a lot cheaper (I think the ones with Toyota are $70 a piece!)...these were only around $35 for a set of four.

I'm hoping we have nice weather over the weekend so I can clean up my baby REAL nice and get her photo taken in some nice scenery. Knowing my luck...it will storm all weekend.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I know you prolly want it but I want to give my opinion.. There is NOTHING more cheezy looking then a new car with Walmart plastic hub caps. PLEASE>> PLEASE Do not do it.. Did I say PLEASE?????? You will be laughed at. Just leave the OEM caps. It looks like it belongs.. Please Rav..

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't get them from Walmart, flyingn...but, from Pep Boys. The material they are made of are simliar to what came on our RAV...only stronger! The clips are made differently as well...and, seem to be stronger!

Okay...I'm going to come clean. I lost one of my original hubcaps. I was on the freeway, and it flew off. and got run over. I wasn't about to get out of my car to get it. When we went to the dealer to get a replacement...they said we had to have the original one in order for it to be covered under warranty. Again...no way was I going to search for it on I-35. So, they wanted $70 for one hubcap! Call me cheap...but, I think that is a bit high for a piece of garbage! SORRY!

LOL!

Anyway...I needed to replace that ONE and didn't want to spend that $70 for one hubcap that I really didn't like the looks of anyway (those funky indent creases were UGLY!)! I really like the looks of the new ones! :)

I'll post pics this weekend! My baby needs a bath...and, it rained today.

In the meantime...here is a photo of the old, ugly ones! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with flyingn. What if for example it flew off and you didn't even know about it or see it happen? How could they expect you to have brought the original hubcap in if you didn't know exactly where it fell off at. In your case you did know but what if all the sudden you come home and noticed it missing.

I do agree though, the original hubcaps are ugly and cheesy looking. I have them on mine now and hate them. I sure do wish I had opted for the alloy wheels but I think I'm going to just put some inexpensive rims on it or something.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We did speak to the manager...according to him, the only way for it to be covered under warranty was to bring in the original. They would have to look at it and see why it fell off...etc. I even said the same thing...that I wasn't going to risk my life to get it!

We wondered if they would think that somebody stole it or something (afteral...$70 for one wheelcover...it may be possible! LOL!). Of course, why would somebody steal just one and not all four?

Anyway...I am happier with our new ones anyway...and, I'm not happy with our dealer. It all started with the salesman...then, them sticking a piece of paper down the seat to try and stop the headrest from shimmying...etc.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When are you going to post pictures of the new ones?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
msm20032003 said:
When are you going to post pictures of the new ones?
Okay, I just sent my husband out now to get a photo of one of the wheelcovers. Right now, he can't get good pictures of the entire RAV. Too windy (gusts about 60 mph)...she's in the drive...and the neighbors have their blinds open...so, my husband can't walk on their lawn. LOL! Besides...she is pretty dirty. It does look kinda funny because of the flash, but you can get an idea! Tomorrow I will take a photo of my baby when she is all cleaned and shiny...and, you will get the better effect when you see the entire RAV with the new covers.

So...here is a teaser! :)

Here are the old ones:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new wheel covers remind me of a Tonka truck. I like them better than the originals.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay...here is a photo of our RAV with her new wheelcovers! I'm VERY happy with them! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts