Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about upgrading the stock steel rims on my 2007. Planning to get some black alloys. I have a stock V6 with 17" wheels. I'd like to keep the wheels close to the stock width and offset.
What is the stock width and offset of the 17" steelies?
Thank you!!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
One of my notes shows the stylized steel wheels The RAV4.3 have 45mm offset. (17X6.5) Another note
says RAV4 wheel bolt pattern is 5x114.3mm (5x4.5") w/43mm offset (maybe the alloy?). I think 40 to 45 is pretty good. Some go to a smaller offset for wider stance.
Lug nut thread 12mm x 1.5
Your new wheels will need new lug nuts and maybe a new lug wrench. Stock stock steel lug wrench 21 mm I think. My new wheels needed an adapter for the spline Gorrilla lug nuts. The adapter fits my wrench as well as a smaller wrench.

HUB: Center Bore: 60.1 Expect they will need an adapter ring.
Range 17x6.0 to 17x8.5 for 225/65R17 tires. OEM is 6.5. I went to 7 for my alloys. I went to alloys due to rust. Getting the alloys was a lot more convenient and not much more money than getting the steel wheels powder coated. I went for cheaper alloy wheels.
Toyota RAV4 2009 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs - Wheel-Size.com

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I bought a set of limited RAV4 wheels. I really like OEM alloys. I found some locally for $300 for the set of 4, but that was an incredible deal that I have not been able to find again. These are not priced half bad, and the same or cheaper than most after market wheels.

Set of 4 New Alloy Toyota Rav4 2009-2012 17" x 7" Replacement Wheels Rim 69554 | eBay

You will need fancy lug nuts too. These are what the OEM lug nuts look like for the alloy wheels. Captured washers lug nuts are awesome.

20 PCS Wheel Lug Nuts | 12x1.5 | for Toyota & Lexus RAV4 Camry Avalon Corolla | eBay

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just recently obtained black alloys , got lucky and found a good deal on some.

18X8 Rennen's. 235/55/18, 45 offset which is the same as stock offset but this rim is 1 inch (2.5cm) wider. It pushed the wheel out 1.3mm on both the outside and inside. No rubbing or issues, it was plug and play, of course i needed hub rings and new nuts but that is minor. (my old setup was 17x7 225/65 alloy limited wheels that were plasti dipped black)

If you're gonna get after market black rims in my opinion i'd get a pattern or style that's far from OEM. New shoes on your rav can really change the overall look. don't be afraid to change the width either. Tons of people on this forum are running 9 wide and more. just see what they've done and go from there. I found that the "aftermarket wheels thread" that is pinned at the top of this forum was nice for me to check out what other people have run on their whips.

to be honest if i could have found my set in 9 inch wide i would have got those, i like how more aggressive the wider wheels look and how flush it is with the body even though it only pushed my tire out 1.3 cms or half inch out from the normal setup, you definitely notice it and it looks way better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent info all! I want to keep my 17" tires, so it seems I need to look for 17x7 rims with around a 40mm offset. I'd like to find some black rims with the silver studs around the perimeter but it seems most of them are too big as they are for trucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, would 7.5 and 8 inch wide 18" diameter wheels with 33 offset fit on a 2011 base rav4? I know I'd have to get hub spacers for what I'm looking at but just wanted to know more about any offset problems or rub with fender/caliper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you shouldn't have any issues. your stock offset is 45. 33 will push the wheel out more so i wouldn't be worried if i remember correctly, also going to an 8 inch wide rim will do that as well.

personally i like the pushed out look as long as it's not too much. as long as it's legal where you are. i know in america some places are a little more strict.

if you were going 8 wide but offset over 45 then you may have issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts