Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i looked around, and did not find a thread for the Rav4 Hybrids.

I would like to know how old you all are!

I am 24 and a single male and this is my first brand new car. it had 35 miles on it.

I seem to be in the minority of people who own this car.

I traded in an F-150 and a VW GLI for this car. I needed something cheaper on payments and better on gas.

Lets see what all you guys had and your age.

Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Married, 30 years old, no kids.

We live downtown, rav4h is our second vehicle. It replaced our Scion IQ, which was great, but not as practical as we expected in a dense north American city, as most spots are sized for big cars anyways. We wanted something bigger, more practical, with the same or better fuel efficiency. It was either a rav4h or a 2017 MKZ hybrid. Went with the rav4h and absolutely loving it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in my early 30s and came from a 2015 RAV4. The reason why I traded up so early is that I didn't like the 6-speed transmission on the gas RAV4. Most of my driving is in the city, so shifting was kind of jerky at times and my as mileage was about 28 MPG - alright, but not great. I was also disappointed the vinyl steering wheel was starting to wear at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions pretty quickly.

The only thing I miss about my 2015 is the fold-flat seats and mud guards.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am 71 and traded in a 2008 Lincoln MKX and a 2002 Subaru Impreza on the Hybrid RAV4 Limited. We wanted to go down to one car, maybe this will be our last.

Reactions: blaydese

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 61. Previous vehicle was a 2011 Mini Cooper S hatchback, manual 6 speed tranny w turbocharged engine. That car was a total blast to drive, handled like a go cart in corners, etc. But we just moved to Des Moines Iowa area from Nashville, TN; since we're now back where we can expect 'real' winters (hardly ever got snow in Nashville), I decided to get something w AWD and some additional cargo capacity. Really loving the RAV4 Hybrid so far! ��

·
Registered
57 Posts
40's, married, no kids at home, 2 dogs. ditched a 2012 Ford Focus hatchback for this. very glad with the switch. I get better mileage out of a larger vehicle. the ford was plagued with issues (my ford touch, electrical, shifting) that the dealer could never seem to fix correctly. very happy with my rav4. a+++ would buy again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
60, married, one daughter in college, playing in the marching band at football games with a team that helps everybody else get healthy (see Penn State, Iowa, whoever they play this week, sigh...)

Sorry, but I digress. I replaced a 2005 Jeep Liberty (156,000 miles) pretty much because I was ready for something new. Mine had 17 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I knew it was coming ho,e with me the first time I test drove it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
What, no youngsters wanting a hybrid? NOTHING is cooler than my silver toyota cuv hybrid kids. lol

I'm 42. Lets see, in 2011 I traded my 05 escape for a mazda cx-5 which turned out to be a lemon. Traded that on a 14 rav4 xle. Had a minor accident in that but it was never the same. Then the hybrid came out and I traded the 14 rav on the 16 hybrid limited. Hoping my car buying days are over for a while.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Married senior citizen couple, retired, kids gone. Came from 2004 Highlander. My wife said she would only get a new car if she could get a hybrid and the Highlander has gotten way too big. Rav4 is just slightly smaller than the Highlander we traded in. We went from actual city/highway mileage of 15/21 to 33-35 no matter where we are driving. My wife absolutely loves the vehicle.

I'm still driving my 2005 Camry SE-V6. Not a bad car but I miss all the electronic stuff that the newer cars have. I'm still stuck with a CD changer and cassette player. No MP3s for me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm still driving my 2005 Camry SE-V6. Not a bad car but I miss all the electronic stuff that the newer cars have. I'm still stuck with a CD changer and cassette player. No MP3s for me!
We have a 2016 Camry hybrid (which replaced a 2013 Camry hybrid which was totaled in an accident) and love that vehicle as well, and the 40MPG it gets! Maybe it's time to trade that 2005 in...? :wink

·
Registered
846 Posts
What, no youngsters wanting a hybrid? NOTHING is cooler than my silver toyota cuv hybrid kids. lol

I'm 42. Lets see, in 2011 I traded my 05 escape for a mazda cx-5 which turned out to be a lemon. Traded that on a 14 rav4 xle. Had a minor accident in that but it was never the same. Then the hybrid came out and I traded the 14 rav on the 16 hybrid limited. Hoping my car buying days are over for a while.
Youngsters are waiting for the CH-R Hybrid. The interior is way cooler than our RAV4's but it's too small (I think) for a family car.

Early 40's, married with two children. RAV4 is my wife's because she insisted on a CUV/SUV and I wanted a hybrid for her because it was AWD and because in Toronto, gasoline prices is hovering around $3-3.20/gallon and she doesn't coast or beat yellow lights as much as I do. I usually like Honda products but there are some complains about the CVT transmission and didn't like the exterior of the current CRV. I couldn't push her to take the cheaper HRV so RAV4 it is. :)

I haven't sold our 02 Civic 5 M/T as my next car will likely be a pure electric vehicle and this beater of a car still serves me well traveling between the train station and home. We still have an 11 Accord coupe 5 A/T because one child just reached driving age and the trade in value at around $12k USD is too low when we bought the car new and it still drives like new (at least for me) with very few minor issues encountered.

Hoping the RAV4H will be even more bullet proof though with the heating elements (warms interior faster) and the hybrid battery for start ups, it makes tackling the winter cold a little easier and faster.

·
Registered
846 Posts
We have a 2016 Camry hybrid (which replaced a 2013 Camry hybrid which was totaled in an accident) and love that vehicle as well, and the 40MPG it gets! Maybe it's time to trade that 2005 in...? :wink
Wait for the 2018 Camry Hybrid which will be based on the 4th gen Prius technology with Li-on that don't burst in flames like some cellphones do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm looking around but really have little interest in a hybrid. At 8000 miles annually, it would take forever to repay the hybrid premium. Plus I like a large trunk and the hybrid sedans give up quite a bit of trunk capacity. Will probably buy a used 2013 or 2014 Accord V6, Audi A4 or Lexus GS350.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm looking around but really have little interest in a hybrid. At 8000 miles annually, it would take forever to repay the hybrid premium. Plus I like a large trunk and the hybrid sedans give up quite a bit of trunk capacity. Will probably buy a used 2013 or 2014 Accord V6, Audi A4 or Lexus GS350.
How many annual miles would it take for you to become interested in a hybrid?
I'm limited to 12k miles per year due to insurance prices factoring in anual miles.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How many anunal miles would it take for you to become interested in a hybrid?
I'm limited to 12k miles per year due to insurance prices factoring in annual miles.
I'm retired so my annual mileage isn't going to change much. Plus I have a "summer car" (a 2 seat convertible) so my daily driver doesn't get a lot of use from May through September. One hybrid in the family is enough for now! :smile

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm retired so my annual mileage isn't going to change much. Plus I have a "summer car" (a 2 seat convertible) so my daily driver doesn't get a lot of use from May through September. One hybrid in the family is enough for now! :smile
I want to drive 24k miles per year but insurance skyrockets above 12k per year.
So i just drive 1k / month.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Am 59, had two Toyotas before this Japan made one; British 2013 Auris Hybrid and Czech 2006 Aygo. Various other European brands earlier Fiat, Audi, Volvo, VW and Smart. It's a rather steep surcharge tax to buy cars made outside EU for us living here but none of Toyotas European plants did make them when I wanted one.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts