Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 RAV4 that was in an accident, had a couple air bags replaced, the seat belts repaired and the air bag computer reset. After putting everything back together, the air bag light is still on. Do I need to reset the light somehow before trying to take it to a mechanic?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
I purchased a 2014 RAV4 that was in an accident, had a couple air bags replaced, the seat belts repaired and the air bag computer reset. After putting everything back together, the air bag light is still on. Do I need to reset the light somehow before trying to take it to a mechanic?
Who did the repair work? Seems like they should be responsible. Otherwise, a laptop running Techstream plugged into the OBD port should be able to pinpoint where the SRS error is coming from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We sent the seat belts and air bag computer to a 3rd party vendor to be repaired/reset, respectively. We then re-installed the three components back onto the car ourselves.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I was under the impression that once air bags are deployed due an accident the vehicle is totaled by the insurance company.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,730 Posts
We sent the seat belts and air bag computer to a 3rd party vendor to be repaired/reset, respectively. We then re-installed the three components back onto the car ourselves.
There is a lot more to the system than just that. There is an airbag collision sensor or sensors just behind the grille. There are also sensors in each seat that need to be checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts