Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a diagram somewhere so I can find the location of the AC drain on a 2015 RAV4 Limited? I don't want to turn on the AC as I don't need it (winter is coming). Just need to know where to look to see if it is clogged at the end.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Same as most Toyotas... Passenger side low on the firewall.
Should stick out an inch or two.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Clogged???....this time of the year in Drumheller, it's probably frozen....:wink

Seriously, if it's not too cold and dry yet, turn the AC on and look for the drip of condensate under the RAV about where the previous poster suggested....
Hope this works

Reactions: Denroll

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Well, I was hoping to find it without having to turn the AC on. :)
The closest thing I can find anywhere for a diagram is here: http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObj...ners-7GKwFz55l5thQjbRApvVdM/9.9?o600100e.html. And, also here: http://www.toyotascionpartsstore.co...87/EVAPORATOR--HEATER-COMPONENTS/8450080.html.

There is nothing relevant at the TIS site, only the owner's manual which does not go into detail. Toyota has one by the balls on this one: they want you to take it to a dealer for everything...more money for the dealers. Anyway, maybe there will be a service manual of some sort come out in a few years. Will keep looking! And crawl around under there some more looking for it! Any help is appeciated.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Thanks. Well, I was hoping to find it without having to turn the AC on. :)
FYI: The air comes on automatically when in defrost mode.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Saw the A/C drain recently when doing an oil change. It's tucked beside the right side (of the car) of the right frame member, closer to the front and up near the bottom of the floor. Was on a creeper looking toward the rear from the area of the oil filter and engine oil drain. It's about 1/2"+ in diameter and a few inches long with a rearward angle to it. First time I noticed it in 3 oil changes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Robert. I will look to see if I can find it. Is yours a 2015 model? I have not noticed any wet spots on the floor so am wondering if it might be clogged. I had undercoating put on it when I bought it new in July, so thought it might be clogged. Noticed a smell in the interior after shutting off the AC. If it was a clogged drain though, I should likely have noticed it before now though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally found the friggin thing. See photos attached. First one shows the general location: it is located inboard of the right frame member, above and behind the rubber suspension bushing. You need a light to find it as it is well hidden, and protected from below by a metal pan.

The second photo shows the drain tube itself. It shows up in the light as the vertically oriented (but angled backward) item identified with the yellow arrow. The end of the tube is cut at an angle so the opening is vertically oriented to the back of the vehicle. It was not plugged. Chances of a plug-up are minimal due to its hidden location, and protection from below by the metal pan.

Anyway, hope this helps if anyone else is looking for this on a late build 2015 RAV4 Limited.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts