Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air conditioner in my 2011 RAV4 is not putting out cold air - don't think the compressor is engaging or whatever - I want to check the fuses first, but I don't know which one

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Your best bet is to take it to someone who knows what they are doing...ac systems are complicated...for example if you have a leak and system pressure gets below a certain amount the compressor will not turn on...also it's not very likely to be a fuse...your owners manual will tell you where the fuses are at...also Google it and you will find loads of information...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Agree that a pro is best with a/c. Ideally a 2011 should not be low on refrigerant, so may be a leak.

You could get a decent pressure gauge-the ones that hook up to a refill can and see what the low side pressure is and if its low you could add some, but if its low then probably a leak. Maybe slow leak, time will tell if air goes back out and pressures go low again. You would only be out 20-25 bucks to try.

I just added a can to my 2008 and Menards(like Lowes-Home Depot) has the lowest price at $4.99 a can.

It s an option to help diagnose, but a pro is still best with a/c.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts