Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have no AC, just a blinking light, I pulled the code B1422, the relay are good, the belt is fine, the pressure is good, just the clutch is not engaging, I googled, I looked online, may be the "compressor lock sensor" ....BUT where do I find it, its not shown in the factory manual, and so far google has been no help....... its 35 degrees centigrade here...HEEEEEEELLLLPPPP MEEEEEE please :)

Its a 2009 V6 Sport...

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I have no AC, just a blinking light, I pulled the code B1422, the relay are good, the belt is fine, the pressure is good, just the clutch is not engaging, I googled, I looked online, may be the "compressor lock sensor" ....BUT where do I find it, its not shown in the factory manual, and so far google has been no help....... its 35 degrees centigrade here...HEEEEEEELLLLPPPP MEEEEEE please :)
Too much pressure or too much oil will cause that too. Turns out I overfilled mine with one of those diy kits. Damn amateurs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The factory wiring diagram shows that the Lock Sensor is part of the AC compressor.

If you already have the factory manual, you know that the Lock Sensor has 3 terminal connector attached. Pin #1 should have a light green wire, and pin #2 will have a White/Black wire. It doesn't appear that pin #3 is used.

Hopefully these color codes will help you identify the Lock Sensor cable on the compressor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :) been there done that, the pressure should be fine now though, had i tested in 2 shops...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, That compressor assembly is not designed for big Danish hands, just cant get to that sensor.... Damn Japanese engineers probably still laughing over the way that was designed :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts