Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2007 rav4 the air condoitioning only blows fhrough the main cabin vents. It does not flow throung through the floor vents or defrost vents. The control knob moves okay to all the various positions but the air comes through the cabin vents whan the knob is switched to any of the other positions. The air conditioning works well fortunately .

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Perhaps the control cable became disconnected from the knob. This document shows the cables:

AC Description

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AC/heating direction control knob problem

Thanks you June Bug. I think you are right since there is no resistance when I turn the knob. Also, when I am on my back looking under the dash from the passenger side, I can see the gears which operate the knob on the right side of the panel which controls the temperature of the air. There is a thin silver wire caught up in the gears which I think may have come loose from the knob on the left knob controlling the air direction. Anyone know how to easily fix that problem? Or does the whole panel have to be removed? May be into a big job there.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Thanks you June Bug. I think you are right since there is no resistance when I turn the knob. Also, when I am on my back looking under the dash from the passenger side, I can see the gears which operate the knob on the right side of the panel which controls the temperature of the air. There is a thin silver wire caught up in the gears which I think may have come loose from the knob on the left knob controlling the air direction. Anyone know how to easily fix that problem? Or does the whole panel have to be removed? May be into a big job there.
If you remove the stereo head unit, you have access to the back of the A/C panel and can remove it if necessary. Use this post and its pictures to guide you in removing the head unit:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-...iled-stereo-install-lots-pics.html#post720091

1 - 5 of 5 Posts