Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone installed an air/fuel ratio guage on their rav? i was thinking about getting one from faze, but wanted to see if anyone had done it. also does anyone know of guage pods that fit on the pillar? thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I had an air/fuel gauge in, but it wasn't your typical guage, it was rectangle shaped and also had injector duty cycle... 8) They aren't too difficult to install... I think there may be several others that have installed them as well... Not really necessary, but I had one in because I had turbocharged the RAV at the time... :shock:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, im jsut gettin it cause the price is a steal.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that pillar custom made, or did u buy it? did u plug in the air fuel ratio to the o2 sensor in the header or the one near the catalyic?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
importtuner said:
is that pillar custom made, or did u buy it? did u plug in the air fuel ratio to the o2 sensor in the header or the one near the catalyic?
To get it to function properly, you would need to tap into the wire on the plug side/ECU side, not on the actual O2 wire attached to the catalytic...Also this would have to be on the primary catalytic (first catalytic, the one attached directly to the exhaust header)... It would be better to tap at the ECU wires, then you wouldn't have to extend wires into the engine bay, and you wouldn't see the wires.... If you are doing it at the ECU I would strongly recommend disconnecting the negative terminal at the battery, since you will most likely have to disconnect the ECU plugs to be able to wire it in... otherwise if you are going to do it at the plug, disconnect the plug to the catalytic, then wire it up on the plug wires.... Picking up a Haynes manual would help with wiring diagrams, also if you can pick up a factory manual as well...

Just my .02 cents...

--DJ Sueno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts