Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all!

I’ve got a loud rapid buzzing/rattling sound coming from the blower motor area. While it’s tough to identify the exact location of the noise, it appears to be the air inlet control servo motor because: 1) The inlet door doesn’t open when it should, 2) The noise flucuates slightly when turning the recirculate button on and off, and 3) I can reach through the “cabin filter” slot and carefully move the door and there’s an immediate stop/start/stop/start to the noise.

I’m looking for directions to swap out this part. Is there a manual I can purchase? I found some reference online to this fix referring to page AC-203 and AC-210...but I don’t know what publication that is.

Most of my research has led me to info that’s too generic to be helpful in knowing whether or not I have to remove tons of my dashboard. I’d rather not learn the hard way.

Any suggestions of any sort are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I spent a bunch of time looking through there. There’s a lot of helpful info!

It was quite challenging, but I swapped out the servo motor and it’s back up and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts