Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 RAV4, manual air controls. My husband and I are in the middle of a 7 hour drive and we had the a/c going strong on the face vents. We were on the highway and all of the sudden the direction switched to the floor vents while we were still in "face" mode! We weren't touching any knobs, and don't believe anything fell into the vents. Now no matter what mode I select it only blows on my feet. Temp seems okay. I will say that in the past I noticed this knob had a lot of resistance when I would change air direction but didn't take notice of any patterns associated with this.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
Moved to correct area.

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
I'm sorry that you have not received any answers. Perhaps you should seek out a Toyota dealer to find out what the problem is. Ask them for a detailed fix then seek out another place for the repair at a lesser price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please have someone check the vent issue. Our 2006 Prius started to do the same thing, the air would flow from the face vents and then it would switch to the defrost vents. Some times it would switch back. Eventually it switched and stayed in the defrost mode during the 2015 summer and never switched back. The cost to fix it was $3000 per Toyota dealership. They would have to take the dash apart and replace the lever and switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts