Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a similiar problem of smelling bad odor when you turn on the A/C?? Well I did... Throughout the week, whenever I turn on the A/C I kept smelling something really bad from the vent. The only thing I can imagine or describe the smell is... "People's stinky feet after they get out of the swimming pool" :x You know how bad that is~ Well... I was wondering if anyone know where the A/C filter is located at, rather I can clean it or flush it a little bit, or replace a new filter in there, or even any possible solutions to eliminate the bad odor~ Instruction added would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks in advance!
Merry Christmas

-James

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The smell you have could be caused by bacteria in the A/C system, this can be cured by spraying an antibacterial spray for A/C systems into the heater intake. 8)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not such a good idea... an anti bacterial is exactly that. It needs to be physically removed and then have an anti microbial applied to affected areas. Things like legionella are not going to go away by spraying some lysol in your intake. Give me a call (contact info at easmold.com) or PM me.

Better yet call a local indoor air quality consultant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts