Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2007 Rav 4 Limited V6, the dashboard Airbag fault light is on and it doesn't recognize when there is a passenger in the seat. The Passenger Airbag Off light remains illuminated - any suggestions on trouble shooting?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Happen to me just two times when a passenger is under 100 lbs but worked later on. For me it appears to be a glitch and there was no further problems. If your problem does not go away then you may need to replace the seat buckle as in this thread.

·
Registered
489 Posts
There is likely a weight sensor mounted in the seat too, to detect children or smaller adults (as far as I know, required for about 15 or more years under US federal law). If this sensor is faulty then the airbag wouldn’t become “live” with a large enough passenger. If your passenger is smaller (<100 lbs or so) or is sitting in a different way so as to not have enough weight on the sensor, it likewise may not activate

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
There is likely a weight sensor mounted in the seat too, to detect children or smaller adults (as far as I know, required for about 15 or more years under US federal law). If this sensor is faulty then the airbag wouldn’t become “live” with a large enough passenger. If your passenger is smaller (<100 lbs or so) or is sitting in a different way so as to not have enough weight on the sensor, it likewise may not activate
Yes there would be sensor since there has to be a way to to tell if someone is sitting on the seat. I am thinking if removing the seat belt wire and reconnecting it would reset things?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The BMW's have a similar system with seat sensor and if a wire breaks or plug is disconnected it will cause a fault.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts