Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I noticed that when enter the key and put it to ON position the airbag light didnt come as the rest of the lights. Is that normal?

The passenger airbag light is working fine; coming on and offas well as the seat belts for both driver and passenger.

If the airbag light should come whenever the key is turned into ON position. How can i check where is the problem?

I used the Elm327 for OBDII and no codes are there.

The car came with a touching screen and when i took it off to change iphone cable to a modern set i noticed that some wires are cut lose and not attached to anything.. is that related to the problem?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello All,

I noticed that when enter the key and put it to ON position the airbag light didnt come as the rest of the lights. Is that normal?

The passenger airbag light is working fine; coming on and offas well as the seat belts for both driver and passenger.

If the airbag light should come whenever the key is turned into ON position. How can i check where is the problem?

I used the Elm327 for OBDII and no codes are there.

The car came with a touching screen and when i took it off to change iphone cable to a modern set i noticed that some wires are cut lose and not attached to anything.. is that related to the problem?

Many thanks.
hi, i think the airbag light bulb may be broken or someone has taken it off. to check it you have to take the gauge cluster off, its a easy job.

Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Removal - Upper instrument panel - Instrument panel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
thanks for the input, Before getting into that .. is there any other possibility to check for? bad fuse, unplugged wire to the bulb from a connector?
There is no bulb. It's an LED soldered to the circuit board. All the lights on the instrument cluster are LED's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you can not check the if the led is broken? maybe get it on a PRO obd reader and scann the airbag system if it as any faults.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
if you can not check the if the led is broken? maybe get it on a PRO obd reader and scann the airbag system if it as any faults.
With Techstream I can light up any indicator and test any gauge on the dash. I can even turn on the 4WD Lock light even though my RAV is 2WD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts