Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my rack replaced because of leakage and now the airbag light wont go off, and my horn doesn't work. Anybody know what it might be?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most lightly someone didn't plug back in the connector on your steering colum.[/quote]

The mechanic said they didn't disconnect anything. They are stumped.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's fixed. There were some ribbon wires that came apart directly under the steering wheel. They must have been stretched beyond their length when the steering column was lifted to replace the rack.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This Apply for RAV4 2003 Too?
I was going to search for this exact thread today, too. My 2004's airbag light came on yesterday. It seemed to go off and on as it pleased; I couldn't readily find any tricks to make it go away. It is currently off.

I'm not sure if it's related, but about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I tried to pull out the instrument panel just to see what there was to see under there. It became quite a PITA, so I put it back together. I had quite a bit of it torn out in the process. Any possible relation to the airbag light coming on now?

Big_Poppa, have you don't any work recently that could possibly have helped this light come on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was going to search for this exact thread today, too. My 2004's airbag light came on yesterday. It seemed to go off and on as it pleased; I couldn't readily find any tricks to make it go away. It is currently off.

I'm not sure if it's related, but about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I tried to pull out the instrument panel just to see what there was to see under there. It became quite a PITA, so I put it back together. I had quite a bit of it torn out in the process. Any possible relation to the airbag light coming on now?

Big_Poppa, have you don't any work recently that could possibly have helped this light come on?
Actually no, the more recently thing i do was the alarm installation (2 months ago) but this airbag problem triggered recently.

Did you this is a bad plug or when they installed the alarm?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Is the wiring from the seat belt pretensioners to the airbag module still ok, tested and plugged in?
Is the wiring from the airbags to the airbag module still intact (near the transmission lever in the mid console) and correctly tested as well as plugged in?
Is the airbag module fitted properly, not loose nor damaged?

Have you recently used the brake very hard, pulled the seatbelt very far out or very hard?
Is there another reason you suspect could cause this to go faulty?

If this did not give you a clue, then go to a mechanic because it will surely be something an expert has to take a look at. Working with airbags has some danger involved.
Greetz,

Pim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts