Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is anybody else having issues with the airbag light on their 2006 rav4? It came on a week ago, and then when I called the shop they told me to bring it in immediately.
I took mine into the shop exactly a week ago today, and they've had it hostage ever since! Apparently I'm not the only one having issues with the stupid airbag sensor, because the thing has been on backorder!
I got a loaner(2006 camry), but its different because its not MY car, ya know?

·
Registered
252 Posts
That was me that had the problem with the airbag light. Just to clarify, it was the warning light in the instrument cluster that was coming on randomly as we drove, not the passenger air bag indicator.

Anyways, the dealer was able to pull the code off the onboard computer that showed the front left airbag sensor was malfunctioning. They had to order the part from California and it took a week to get. I took the RAV in and they simply replaced the sensor. I had a look at it and it is just a small plastic box about 4 inches long that bolts on somewhere in the front bumper.

Since I had it replaced, the warning light has not come on (except for a few seconds after starting the engine which is normal).

Problem fixed!

Interesting that you are having the same problem. Maybe there was a bad batch of sensors? Is it the dash light or the passenger warning light that is coming on?

Ken

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the dashboard light that was coming on
Yeah, something tells me that they sent out cars with bad sensors in them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts