Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Saturday, I got my letter saying I could finally get my airbag replaced. So I call my local Toyota dealership on Monday, ask for service, and they acted like they had never heard of this recall. After a bit of back and forth, and gathering every shred of personal information under the sun, I give them my VIN and they agree that there is a recall and offer to order the part.

They can give no information on when the part will arrive, no estimate, nothing. Has anyone else had this experience?:confused: Since then the dealership has filled my email inbox with several "offers" for service which are highly overpriced.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Your dealer apparently doesn't read Toyota recall notices nor has watched any of the news reports about the airbag recall. The difficulty with the dealer being unable to let you know when the part(s) will arrive is due to the fact that there are millions of vehicles from different manufacturers being recalled, and the supplier of the defective part as well as the replacement part, Takata, obviously consequently now has a rather large backlog of orders and doesn't have the capacity to crank out all of the millions of replacements immediately. When the replacements arrive you should not be charged for the recall parts or required labor.

As for your dealer flooding your email inbox with "offers," you should be able to use your email provider's blocking setup to stop the emails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait Takata is making the replacement too? This dealership is literally the worst in my city, normally my vehicle is serviced about 40 miles away at the original dealership it was purchased from, but I figured for the airbag I would use a local one. Normally when you order something you are given an estimated delivery date. Why would Toyota even bother telling me the part was available if it is on backorder?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts