Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone annoyed by these bright orange lights?

My Adventure model has the orange airbag status lights between the seat heater controls. They are always on as I guess they are supposed to be. (Not talking about the airbag warning lights on the instrument cluster). At night I find them highly distracting from the cool blue dash lighting on the rest of the dash. While I don't want these orange lights at all, I do understand they have a purpose and would never disconnect or cover them completely.

To make them less intrusive, I got a scrap piece of dark film from my local window tinting shop. Carefully cut a rectangle to cover the airbag status lights. Works perfectly - the lights can be seen during the day and night but much less noticeable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any actual real messages that show up on that panel, other than the airbag stuff? I scrolled through the manual and did not see anything.

This is the annoying bright yellow/orange message we are discussing here:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Smoked tint would be a nice touch to lessen the brightness of these lights.. would easily see them still but far less distracting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
There's also this cover I came across. Totally covers it. I personally don't think seeing it ever helps or hurts anything. I would think that if there was an airbag malfunction, it would pop up on the dash and not down there out of site anyway.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There's also this cover I came across. Totally covers it. I personally don't think seeing it ever helps or hurts anything. I would think that if there was an airbag malfunction, it would pop up on the dash and not down there out of site anyway.
Thats kinda cool. I would get it but I have a limited with cooled seats and that would need altered to make it work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thats kinda cool. I would get it but I have a limited with cooled seats and that would need altered to make it work.
Same for me. I think it's meant for probably Asia that might not get the cooled seat option? That's honestly the only thing that kept me from buying it. The one I had gotten is cut out and shows the light but fits perfectly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I finally got around to applying the film I ordered (see above). I cut a 30mm x 65mm piece. Here are the results:

Before:

One layer:

Two layers:

I'll stick with the two layers for now. The pieces I cut do not cover the heated/cooled seat LEDs, so I should be good to go. I am happy so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts