Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I bought a Pacific Blue 07 Limited V6, happy with it so far except for one very annoying feature. The alarm arms when I lock the car with the central lock button on my door panel, I'm still in the car and the key is in the ignition.

The autolock feature is enabled so that when I turn off the ignition the doors unlock. I sometime like to remain in my car (when I pick up my kids from school) and lock the doors with the central lock, by doing this the alarm also arms. I've triggered the alarm many times when I touch the ignition to operate the radio. The only way to disarm the alarm is through the key fob button. Unlocking the car through the central button does not disable the alarm. Very annoying and embarrassing!

Any way around this? I've considered having the autolock feature disabled so that when I turn off the ignition, the doors remain locked but there is an issue when I ulock the doors and re-locks it, the alarm will arm.

Thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,106 Posts
I've never heard of a 4.3 RAV with autolock. I wonder if it is unique to Canada or an aftermarket install?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
I've never heard of a 4.3 RAV with autolock. I wonder if it is unique to Canada or an aftermarket install?
I believe it may have been an option on the Toyota VIP alarm system, as well as many aftermarket alarms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts