Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my 2015 Rav 4 alarm started going off while driving, especially when I hit a bump on the road. It goes through about 30 beeps till it finally stops. It doesn’t affect the car, just don’t know how to disable it completely. Can anyone help solve this problem? Vmmi

·
Registered
183 Posts
Toyota OEM alarm system or aftermarket?

One thought - a bad glass breakage sensor (GBS). Long story short: I installed the Security Upgrade on my old Subaru Outback many years ago. With time, something 'drifted' in the sensitivity setting for the GBS and it became a bit fussy. I found that if I parked on a certain village street and larger trucks rumbled by, my alarm would occasionally go off! It took a few visits to town to figure it out, but a minor adjustment to the GBS sensitivity setting was all it took to stop the problem. Hitting bumps might cause the same type of vibration to the glass sensor.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Or maybe the door switch or seal. If I open my door, even with the car in park, before I shut the car off it beeps continuously until I shut the door. Frustrating part is, it will keep beeping even once the car is shut off. So anyway, maybe your door isn't shutting as tight as it once did or a door switch may be bad?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I had an '06 Highlander AWD that developed a problematic hood switch for the alarm. The alarm would go off at the most inopportune times for no other reason then the hood switch was defective. I later found out that other Highlanders with the OEM alarm installed had the same problem. When the lease was up the vehicle was returned - problem solved. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, thanks Mikey. I think I’m going to have to try the hood switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts