Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post so I'm not entirely sure if this is the right category :)

I have a 1995 RAV4 with a toyota fitted alarm system. I also have a Toyota Hilux with the same.

The RAV4 was bought second hand and while the alarm keyfobs look very similar (one black arm/disarm and one red button) the RAV4 one has a small white input port on one side which I am guessing is for programming and a slider switch on the other side which I have no idea what it does.

Does anyone know what this switch is for? inside the unit it is connected to a switch on the circuit board, so it must do something!

Any advice appreciated

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having had a play with this over Christmas...

If I slide the switch one way, the alarm beeps twice when arming, slide it the other and it beeps three times when arming.

Any idea what these modes are?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My 2000 has the Toyota RS3000 factory alarm and completely different alarm keyfobs from what you describe. It beeps once when arming. However, the system has a couple of different modes, including a passive one where it arms itself automatically, and a valet mode where the alarm is disabled but you can still use the keyfob to lock and unlock the car. Yours may not be the same, but it's a possibility.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch activates/deactivates the ultasonic sensors on the alarm. Can't remember which way's which but it means you can leave the kids in the car and set the alarm :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I can think of an easy way of testing this too! :)

really, much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts