Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Toyota Rav4 XLE manual turn key start. Automatic transmission
I got back from a 4 hour drive and I parked the car without any problems. The next morning I try to unlock it with the key fob and the alarm doesn't work. I then manually stick the key in door and unlock it. I try to start it and no crank. The only thing that happens is some of the lights (mileage led, clock led) blinks along with the turn signals in front and brake lights. Even when I remove the key it does it. I tried to change the battery on the key fob with no luck. I brought the battery to my local store and its good and fully charged. I tried the #4/13 pin ecu reset. Does this have to do with the anti-theft system? I tried to leave the key in the ON position for 10 minutes. I tried locking the doors manually then turning the key to unlock it and leaving it there for 20 seconds. Nothing... I don't know how this happened when it was perfectly fine the day before. Please any help would be great. I have to move the car for street cleaning and I don't want to have to tow it. TIA!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Disconnect battery (disconnect both + and -), check voltage of the battery, if battery is OK, reconnect it, and start vehicle.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I had something similar happen a while back to my '15 XLE. Fob didn't work, I had to open the door manually and then found that I couldn't start the RAV - I left my interior light on overnight and drained the battery to below where it would start with my old SEARS battery charger/starter attached. I put a spare 12 volt battery in and I was able to start the RAV without any problems. I didn't lose any CPU/radio settings so there was enough 'juice' in the original battery to keep those systems alive. No, I did not measure the voltage of the battery that I took out! I put the battery on the charger for a few days and put it back in the RAV a week or so later and it's been fine ever since.

Reactions: Swiff
1 - 3 of 3 Posts