Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I'm looking to purchase my first Rav4 (2005) and need some help.

If I were to get the model that comes equipped from the factory with keyless entry does it automatically lock the doors when I start it up and unlock it when I turn it off?

If not then how do I get this feature?

I'm always forgetting to lock the doors when driving.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
When I bought my car brand new in 2002, the only extra it had was the Quick Order package (cruise control, am/fm cd cassette, power doors, windows, etc.), and the dealership gave me an offer to add on the keyless entry, which of course I couldn't say no. Whenever I start the car, it locks and when I turn it off, it unlocks. So if the add-on works, the factory one should too.
Miriam

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just not sure if the keyless that comes installed from the factory has this feature.

I'm looking at getting a 2005 with L package which comes with keyless but no alarm.

Does anyone with the 2005 L Package without the alarm have this feature? I just don't want to pay to have an alarm put on. But I will if I have to.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '03 came with keyless only and it did not have the auto lock/unlock feature you are speaking of. I installed the "add-on" alarm to the keyless system and it still does not have that feature. From what I understand, only the factory installed full alarm has that. (The alarm that is not an "add-on" to the keyless system)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, the 05 L with keyless unfortunately doesn't come with that feature nor can you add it with the VIP DIO option. Don't know where you live, but in my area (Central Atlantic Toyota) if you are looking for a 4WD version, unless you get the base version, all the options packages include the KE option (Keyless entry w/3-button remote & confirmation tone).

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My wife's RAV didn't have keyless or an alarm from the factory but the dealer added an Autopage alarm that has this as a feature. It was turned on by default. I HATE this feature so it was promptly turned off. If the feature was standard on a car and could not be turned off, I would not buy it even if I otherwise loved the car.

Why do you need your doors locked while driving?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts