Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost time to put back on my summer tires and wheels and I need to know about an alignment suggestion.

I have 245/45/R17 wheels and tires. The problem is last year, the inside of the rear tires got eaten pretty bad, but not to the point of replacement(whew!). So I was wondering how I should have them adjusted this time around, so it doesn't happen again.

I know quite of few of you have custom adjustments, so maybe you can help. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just go to any tire shop that can do a 4 wheel drive alignment .
Locally , my Toyota dealer charges $79 for one .

J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, or better yet, go to a tire shop, and pay half as much. I pay about $35US for mine once a year. :wink: Plus, alot of shops have computer aided alinement setups that will be much more acurate than the "by hand" method...just a thought.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Now a days , I'm pretty sure you'll find that all shops use computer controlled alighnment equipment .

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you guys misunderstood me. I know where I'm getting it done, and they use laser alignment equipment, but I need to know about a custom camber setting for my tire setup. The ratio is smaller than what stock is, and that's why it ate my tires up. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts