Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the freeway in Albuquerque when I spotted a Rav4 with license plates "ALL EV". Huh? I got closer and the badge under the Rav4 said EV. Really? When I got home I checked Wikipedia and indeed a couple of thousand all electric Rav4s were made and sold in California. The one I spotted was the newer generation that as made in collaboration with Tesla. How it escaped and ended up in Albuquerque with NM plates has got to be a rarity.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
There are a few charging stations here. Correct that the EV has Tesla innards. Most likely this one was shipped from CA.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
I was driving down the freeway in Albuquerque when I spotted a Rav4 with license plates "ALL EV". Huh? I got closer and the badge under the Rav4 said EV. Really? When I got home I checked Wikipedia and indeed a couple of thousand all electric Rav4s were made and sold in California. The one I spotted was the newer generation that as made in collaboration with Tesla. How it escaped and ended up in Albuquerque with NM plates has got to be a rarity.
And you didn't take a picture???

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Wasn't the EV actually a Gen 3 RAV4 retrofitted with Tesla internals?
Yes, and it had several skin modifications such as different side mirrors, rear spoiler, front clip (bumper,grille) and underbody fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts