Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 1

Today we have had our shares of demonstrations, riots and a lot of politicians talking crap. Like always, the governor blames the senate and the house or rep for the crisis. These blame the govenor. Still no money in site, and no solution to the crisis. Tomorrow I'm hitting the unemployment line and then the demonstration lines. Let me throw some rocks to see if I can hit one of these SOBs'

For you spanish speaking brothers check out

http://www.endi.com

:cry:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day 2

Things just got worst. The governor has cut all communications with the house and senate. The speaker of the house insulted the governor with a very stupid remark. Tomorrow I get my papers and go to the unemployment line. For the first time in my life I am going to take food stamps. What ever. :eek:

Seriously now, I won't doubt that the President of the USA will have to send troops. (That serious is the situation.)

D

·
0 Posts
Man I am with ya Mensajero! I feel your pain and pray it all works out. Unfortunately, since Puerto Rico has nothing to do with Iraq, I dont know if govenor Bush ( I quote George Carlin : "I refer to him that way as that was the last ting he was actually elected for!") will remember where it is. He will need help!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Doesn't sound to good down there. :cry: I haven't heard anything about this on the news recently. What exactly is going on anyways? Did your government overspend your tax dollars? It's time to hold the government accountable for this situation. So does that mean that all govt. services such as schools, hospitals, etc.. are not in operation right now? Just curious.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes it's a shame to have to really express what is happening in my country. But here goes. Our government has two and half political parties. PNP, who want PR to become a State. PPD, who want PR to become a common wealth. and the PIP, this party wants pr to become a state. pip party is always stating that Hawaii is an example of a country that if it had the opportunity to become independent from the USA. That they would vote for independence in a heart beat. Will it? So, the PNP, were in power since 1993 [just before I came back from living in LA] to 2001. His position as a governor was plegged with corruption. Many are serving in federal jail at this very moment. His secretary, Is still fighting in the courts. Rossello, hasn't been touched not even by the FBI, why? Rumor has it that rossello is know in Washington ans the plague. I don't know. But these past elections, his party won the elections. They won the House or Rep., the senate, Resident commissioner [that is our voice in the white house]. But, he lost the governors seat. In my very personal opinion, I think the FBI or the CIA had to do with the voting. [How? Watch the picture JFK, the part where Donald Sutherland plays his roll in the movie.] But, eventually, with some dirty political movement and a very cowardly representative. They got a representative to renounce to his seat, letting Rossello take it in his place. From his seat in the House he tried to dethrone the president of the house [even though they are from the same political party] That, itself has been a war. He couldn't but he has made it hell for McClintock, who for me is a decent man. Who ever doesn't line himself with Rossello is called non grata from the PNP party. On the other hand McClintock has received death threats.

Our Governor Hon. Anibal Acevedo Vila has done everything in his power to try to establish a dialog with the house [the senate has voted to end the crisis] but it has been almost impossible. Mean while we are without schools, and all the essential government services. The only two govement agencies working are the police, and SOME hospitals.

That is our situation, we hope that water and power can keep working.

S

·
0 Posts
Wow man, that is rough. None of my friends here in Michigan even knew about this going on. I know the whole idea of a functional government with checks and balances is a great theory, but it still seems to have some issues. Your island (not sure exactly if it is classified as a territory or what), is a great example of one of the fundamental problems. Either two parties disagree, or one section of the government decides to go rouge, and the entire government comes to a screeching halt. That said, I do enjoy the fact that I am allowed to elect my leaders, rather than just having someone say that they are leading my country.

It just seems that the people who planned in the past didn't look out for what will happen in the future. Laws almost always seem to be created for what is happening now, and not what will happen later. Tax laws are the perfect example. People are narrow minded, they want to save money now, and not worry about what problems it could cause later. I say raise my taxes as long as you can justify what the money is going towards, or that you guarantee that the surplus is either getting rid of our debt, or being saved to prevent fiscal shortcomings later.

Mensa, if things get too bad and you need to get out for awhile, I say you should bring the Rav to the states and start visiting different members. Should be interesting.

And, I do find it funny that one guy interviewed in the first article was named Angel. Is that a common name?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SZRimaging said:
Mensa, if things get too bad and you need to get out for awhile, I say you should bring the RAV to the states and start visiting different members. Should be interesting.

And, I do find it funny that one guy interviewed in the first article was named Angel. Is that a common name?
I guess if I do leave for the states with my RAV4. It won't pass any CARB laws of any state. :) It passes here because the person who operates the machine is an ex-student of mine. :wink:

Angel yea, it is a common name. But my real name is Angel Luis. Which always go together. But, I'll go with Angel, no problem.

S

·
0 Posts
CARB laws? What CARB laws? Just come to Michigan, I could drive a full race engine (and I know people who do) and no one will care :twisted:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
END OF CRISIS At last, the politicians came to an agreement. Or was it the demonstration of Thursday? All the Trucks in PR wasn't going to let them out of the capitol building unless they came to an agreement. This is what was going down. [:wall Crash Squad or no Crash Squad :wall ] The House was going to have a meeting on Tuesday. The Union leaders had a demonstration for Tuesday. The House session was suspended, and was to be held on Thursday. The Demonstration moved the demonstration to Thursday. They might of had ten thousand Policeman in riot gear. But they couldn't of hold back more then a million demonstrators with home made "defenses". :wink: So, they said to themselves: "Or we come to an agreement or this is going to be another Alamo. Sure enough, they came to an agreement.

Like Kevin Costner said in the movie "The Untouchables" ; "You ain't from Chicago"

I say; "You aren't from PR" :wink:

This situation was going to happen, no doubt about it. Thank God this situation didn't bring any major consecuencias. Monday, back to work. :ponder: Oh, BTW, as soon as I can, Mods will continue. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
hehehe, kinda like the philippines back in '86.. 3-1/2 million or so people sitting on your doorstep can persuade even the most dictatorial of presidents it's time to quit!!!! i was there, quite a sight...

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not so fast guys. Even though they have come to an "agreement". The demonstration is a GO! The governor must be saying :doh: In tonight's news all the leaders of ALL the unions want the press, the governor and the world to see the moment they sign all the agreements. Tonight all the unions are reading and analyzing the agreements.

Seeing is believing. We have one representative [who was the ex-governor] who is a SOB. He is the puppet master, his name is Pedro Rossello. [He has been the most corrupt governor in PR history] His Secretary of Education is in Federal Prison, don't take my word for it, read this Fajardo Charged With Corruption here http://www.puertorico-herald.org/issues/2002/vol6n04/Media1-en.shtml He was the secretary who inaugurated my Computer room in 1998. Yeah, I had to shack his corrupt hand :egad:

Pedro Rossello was the governor then. [His secretary is still, to this day. Going to federal court answering questions.] He didn't know not even what his own secretary was doing. How can he govern a country? Everyone is going to hold there breath tomorrow. Rossello already said that the house will not approve the bill. :wall :wall

1 - 20 of 22 Posts