Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for new tires and I'm thinking about a set of all terrains. Not sure if I should though.. Would I sound like those vehicles that you can hear miles away from tire road noise? I've also heard that they are not necessarily good in snow... Would I have to max out the tunes to cover up the sound? Would the ride be so rough that the headlights would pop out and the sunroof would crack? Apologies if there's a thread about this already, but my search results didn't pull up (could be operator error) anything to help. Looking for some opines from folks that have experience in this area. (thinking about BF Goodrich all terrains) ps. I do like the looks of them. :confused:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just fitted BFG ATs to mine, bit noisier, but nothing (I am used to MTs) too bad. I liked the looks too. They also have the Mountain/Snowflake symbol, which is a certain standard they meet for use in snow.

Maybe consider Yokohama Geolanders too. They look good and are said to be quieter. It comes down to what's available in your size though.
Someone on here recently fitted a set and there's a photo somewhere.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fitted BFG ATs to mine, bit noisier, but nothing (I am used to MTs) too bad. I liked the looks too. They also have the Mountain/Snowflake symbol, which is a certain standard they meet for use in snow.

Maybe consider Yokohama Geolanders too. They look good and are said to be quieter. It comes down to what's available in your size though.
Someone on here recently fitted a set and there's a photo somewhere.

Thank you !!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

i have Hankook DynaPro AT-M...235/65-17...badass in the snow, rain, mud or whatever else you get into...not noisy at all...ride is great...have had these on other SUVs...check out some reviews on YouTube...

·
Registered
13 Posts
A less aggressive, but excellent excellent option for snow/ice/off-road in the nokian WRg-2. I'm a all out BFG M/T, Cooper MT, Stt, (aggressive Truck tires) kinda guy, but Ip like to put the nokians on our suv's and they are impressive. Think our last rav went through three sets of them in its life. One day a coworker of my wife's was commenting on how treacherous the icy drive in to work was (she also has a Rav) and said that her traction light was blinking the whole way into work as the car spun and slid around. My wife asked me if her Rav had one of those lights and I had to tell her Yes it did, it just doesn't blink.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I almost put those dyspro at-m's on my f150 last year. Nice tread on those too, (without being an all out off road tire like I'd put on a bigger truck), but I found out that they didn't come in 20's in the size I needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 Limited Rav4 and I believe the stock tire size is 235/55R18. I really want to run some all-terrains, specifically the Yokohama Geolander AT G015. Can I do this? If so, what size should I get? Any advice very much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am running Yokohama Geolander AT G015 in 235/65 R17. I don't notice much difference in road noise from the OEM Dunlops that I received with the car. The Yokohama Geolander AT G015 is more subtle in terms of looks but will perform just as well as the BF Goodrich and Firestone. Also choose them because I wanted to keep my Japanese basically all Japanese lol. The Yokohama Geolander AT G015 are also one of the lighter all terrain tires on the market, so if you plan on keeping the stock rims make sure you opt for a lighter tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2014 Limited Rav4 and I believe the stock tire size is 235/55R18. I really want to run some all-terrains, specifically the Yokohama Geolander AT G015. Can I do this? If so, what size should I get? Any advice very much appreciated.
Did you replace the tires with All Terrains? And if so, then which size tire? I have Yokohama Geolander AT G015 on my 2006 Hyundai Tucson 4WD - they are nice tires which are quiet on the pavement but hold their own on forest service roads as well as snow. However, I am moving towards the purchase of a 2013-2016 Rav4 and will need tires. On the Limited version of 235/55R18, it appears only the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail offers OEM sizing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running Yokohama Geolander AT G015 in 235/65 R17. I don't notice much difference in road noise from the OEM Dunlops that I received with the car. The Yokohama Geolander AT G015 is more subtle in terms of looks but will perform just as well as the BF Goodrich and Firestone. Also choose them because I wanted to keep my Japanese basically all Japanese lol. The Yokohama Geolander AT G015 are also one of the lighter all terrain tires on the market, so if you plan on keeping the stock rims make sure you opt for a lighter tire.
Hi. I got the Yokohama’s even tho technically they aren’t the right size. They are really close though and fit just fine. I think I got the 235/60/R18.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm running Geolander A/T G015 tires on my RAV. There is a huge price difference between 18" tires and 17" tires so I located a set of XLE rims that someone replaced on their RAV. They look to be lightly used. The first set of Geolanders, I got just a tick over 100,000 miles on them. Replaced them with another set of the same thing. Price went up quite a bit since early 2016. I think the secret to their longevity is rotating every 5,000 miles and driving habits are are easy on the tires.

The extra rubber height has worked to soften the ride. Specifically when going over bumps/potholes. There is no longer that jarring jolt. Based on GPS, the speedometer is one mile per hour off. If I set the cruise control at 71, I'm actually going 70. I can live with that! The size I'm running is 225/65R17 102H

1 - 12 of 12 Posts