Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I drive 3x/week to our local ski area I've been searching for an All-Terrain rated tire that would fit the stock rims on my XSE. I finally found the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail which is an exact fit so I ordered them and they should arrive early next week. My local Toyota dealer informed me that Toyota will be using these for the next model year, I'm guessing on the Adventure trim. Has anyone put these on their vehicle yet and if so care to share how they perform?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I've been doing some research for replacement for my Yokohama's that came with my 2019 Limited. This research was due to the low wear rating for the tires. So far they are wearing fine but I have less than 5000 miles on them. While researching, tires that looked processing were not available in for my 19 inch rims.

The Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail however, do come in my size, I like the tread pattern. I usually look to make sure there is pathways out from the center of the tire and these have that. They have a decent wear rating; but a bit lower than comparable Michelin's. Tire Rack only has 2 reviews, probably since they indicate that they are new. The price is very attractive also in comparison to Michelin's. These might be the tire of choice in the future for me. The only question for me then would be if there is an impact on MPG. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, there is't much out there for a 19" wheel, that's why I went with a 17" wheel so I could go with the Cooper A/T 235/65/17, I didn't lose any MPG's with them. Max1.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy at Discount Tire thinks that we'll start to see more availability of this size/type of tire given the growing popularity of CUVs to avoid having to drop down in rim size for better tire options.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well, basically there were 3 things that pushed me over from an XLE Premium to a Limited:
  • The analog dash display
  • The bird-eye camera
  • The rims which did not have the black accents (the 19 inch rims was just a plus for some reason)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The guy at Discount Tire thinks that we'll start to see more availability of this size/type of tire given the growing popularity of CUVs to avoid having to drop down in rim size for better tire options.
Thank you for your post. This tire is specifically made with the CUV vehicles in mind. So far it looks to be doing well in the market.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Here's another prospect from a different thread:

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's the factory tire on the 20 TRD and Adventure both of which are leveled not lifted but should for a non lifted XSE or other trim.
My dealer has a TRD I can by and measure the fenderwell to ground just to be sure, but I did it once a few weeks ago just forgot the measurements.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the TRD's are actually running smaller tires than the Adventure. I have a '19 Adventure with the 235/55R19 and I saw a 2020 TRD at the dealership while waiting on my 25K mile service. It caught my eye because it looked like the TRD tire/rims didn't fill the wheel well like my Adventure tires did. Thought it was an optical illusion but they are actually 225/60R18 which are about .6" shorter and .4" narrower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just picked up my RAV4 from the dealer after getting the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires mounted. It seemed to ride same as the factory Dunlops but it's too early to tells since I only drove 3 miles. By the way, the factory Dunlops are for sale - I posted an ad in the Classified section of RAV4 World. They have 10,000 miles, asking $350 OBO, roughly half-price of local and on-line retailers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts