Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite dismayed at how Toyota is unveiling the '06 RAV4. All this hype about releasing info today and still, no pricing ...not until the 18th. I'm leaning towards the '06 model but if it's significantly more money than the '05, I'll have to go with the 2005! Seems as if everything is an option in the '06.....I'm looking for a limited edition.... fully loaded....sunroof, leather, side curtain airbags, etc.... 2005's price is around $25,500....wonder if the '06 will be much more......anyone have an idea of cost?

Also, in regards to the Navigation System,.. Toyota shows one in the Japan rollout.....will it not be an option in the US?

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
A last check to the rumor mill, the *base price* of the '06 is expected to be a mere $300 (which means just under $20k) over the '05... however, with the additional "upscale" options, I'd expect the sticker to top out at around $26k, possibly $27k.

To date, the DVD navigation system (among other things) has not been mentioned *at all* in the North American specifications and launch information. (See my rant post -- http://www.rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1796)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if the '06 is only $2,000 more than the '05, I think it is worth the wait! What I don't like is that if you get leather, you can't get the optional 3rd row seating! Doesn't make sense to me!

·
Registered
396 Posts
At the moment, I don't really like the 2006, but I can't make an honest assessment till I actually see and drive one. So far, it seems like the newer IS350-IS250..bland generic designing. It kinda lost its "Recreational Active Vehicle" look and looks more like any regular people pusher suv out there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I totally agree. I'm sure 4.1 owners felt the same way about the 4.2 though, so all will end up ok. I just cannot believe Toyota is stupid enough NOT to offer Navigation systems in the US.

Wayne

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not as much info as I had hoped. I was specifically looking for cargo capacity with 2nd seat folded down and with 2nd seat up. I also find it strange no 3rd row seat with leather.

JCPZero

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trust me...

Wayne said:
.............I just cannot believe Toyota is stupid enough NOT to offer Navigation systems in the US.

Wayne
.....they are stupid enough!! :roll: .....Honda now offers their latest-generation NAV system even in their lowly CIVIC for cryin out loud!!!.....but then again the Toyota Nav system is nowhere near as good as the OEM Honda/Acura systems. Honda/Acura (actually Alpine) makes the best Nav systems in the UNIVERSE, period!!!

If I were you, I would just install the new ALPINE NVE-N872A Nav system with XM NAVTRAFFIC REAL-TIME LIVE TRAFFIC UPDATES!!!, which is due out anyday now. I can't wait to install it in my LS 400....I get shivers of excitement up and down my spine just thinking about it!!!!!!!! (FYI, Alpine makes the Nav systems for Honda/Acura, and the new NVE-N872A is supposedly the identical aftermarket vesion of the one from the new Acura RL)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Trust me...

Wayne said:
.....they are stupid enough!! :roll: .....Honda now offers their latest-generation NAV system even in their lowly CIVIC for cryin out loud!!!.....but then again the Toyota Nav system is nowhere near as good as the OEM Honda/Acura systems. Honda/Acura (actually Alpine) makes the best Nav systems in the UNIVERSE, period!!!
I agree!

:D That's the reason I'm going to get the 2006 HONDA PILOT W/ NAV...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not so good support on providing information from Toyota... I downloaded the "update news" for the desktop, that supposed to update news for the RAV4 weekly, and nothing!... also the links don't work, the only link who works is the www.toyota.com.... At SEMA I was waiting to see the presenation of RAV4 for America, and the toyota web site was updated on the middle of the live presentation!... so it was a half live presentation...

I am angry of that kind of non-updates on time from Toyota.

However, let me share with you guys a new link that have a marketing presentation for the RAV4:
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=5831&categoryId=8

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys and gals, maybe we are the stupid ones here, Toyota is rated the Smartest company of 2005 (or was it 2004 but anyways)... sometimes companies do things for a reason, and it may not be pleasing to us, but if you are a toyota stock owner you'll probably appreciate why they do some of the things they do.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Correct me if I am wrong.
But I thought November 22nd was the date they were planning on announcing pricing?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
If prices are NOT announced before... I will be posting prices on Nov. 22... assuming Toyota follows their TENTATIVE launch schedule for the 2006 RAV4 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts