1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If an owner has a garage or car port, obviously the best solution is to use it. If not, from experience it's best to not use a car cover where moisture will freeze, since if any gets in between the cover and the vehicle removing the cover will be impossible. If deciding to use a cover anyway, it's important to make certain that it's waterproof. and to make certain that the vehicle is completely dry before covering it. Also form experience, some types of plastic will break especially if disturbed when the temperature is below freezing - the lower the temperature the more likely it is to break and crack apart. Good luck in getting what is needed and will work.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I am another one without a garage (until I get rid of a couple sports cars), and I have to sweep off a lot of snow. So, thinking backwards is/was there a polish or surface treatment I should have used to make the surface more 'slippery' to help sweeping off snow? (Of course I removed the roof rack cross bars.)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Stay away from the Budge cover. It deteriorated and fell apart within 6 months:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am another one without a garage (until I get rid of a couple sports cars), and I have to sweep off a lot of snow. So, thinking backwards is/was there a polish or surface treatment I should have used to make the surface more 'slippery' to help sweeping off snow? (Of course I removed the roof rack cross bars.)

what sports cars?? I've got an Evo occupying the garage, and the Mini has it's own car cover - that leaves the Corolla which I don't care about and our Rav4 which I do lol.

Stay away from the Budge cover. It deteriorated and fell apart within 6 months:

that doesn't looks bad - but I'm sure that's a pic of it new. I think all these $30-40 products are eventually going to fall apart real quick...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
that doesn't looks bad - but I'm sure that's a pic of it new. I think all these $30-40 products are eventually going to fall apart real quick...
Yeah, that picture was when it was brand new. But it's made from very thin Tyvek material that just doesn't hold up.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
When I saw this post I recalled another of yours which had to do with both car covers and your beautiful, presumably this custom sports car. From an earlier pico post::

"Last Winter I left my beautiful custom 1958 VW Bug outdoors under an expensive layered car cover - cotton layer under a water resistant, breathable outer layer. Result - all the paint was oxidized as if it were under a desert sun for months. (I am still rubbing it out.)"

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Blogson;2267802"Last Winter I left my beautiful custom 1958 VW Bug outdoors under an expensive layered car cover - cotton layer under a water resistant said:
I gave the '58 Bug to my niece. Here her husband it getting ready to trailer it to their place in Denver.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I gave the '58 Bug to my niece. Here her husband it getting ready to trailer it to their place in Denver.

You don't need any more car-needy nephew now, do you? :wink

Try this trick but not too early in the morning or at night . . .

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Try this trick but not too early in the morning or at night . . .
Why didn't I think of that? I have an electric blower. So cool. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts

LOL - The Bug I was thinking of wasn't as customized as I had thought! :smile

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
LOL - The Bug I was thinking of wasn't as customized as I had thought! :smile
Well, it has some nice touches. Dual carbs, hot cam, bored, stroked, hurst shifter, lowered, custom wheels. And in great shape,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts