Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alloy advertised as 'fits' latest Rav4 (2000 - )

I don't understand why the same alloy won't fit to any year RAV as I thought they all has the same 114 - 5 stud ET35 pattern

Can anybody give me an idea why they may say 4.2 --- is it simply they are mistaken and they will fit all?

·
Registered
682 Posts
They should fit. I have seen RAV4.1s fitted with RAV4.2 wheels.
Check out this RAV4.1 with RAV4.2 wheels on it:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4.2 RAV4's stud pattern is identical to the RAV4 4.1

Both are 16X7 and offsets are +35mm

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they are. 16" X 7" as well. Offset is 35mm, savy?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter, is your RAV4 2WD? But it doesn't look like it on the picture. YOu have the rear diff there right under the rear muffler.

Stick rims are definitely 7" in width unless you have the steel ones.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure Moza? Those stock mag wheels are definitely 7" here in New Zealand. I have measured them meself. Never seen any of them in the 6.5" catergory.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes i'm 100% sure. I had my spare wheel off the car a couple of days ago so i could polish and wax the entire rear door and i checked the writing on the inside of the alloy...16x6.5JJ. RAV4.1 steel wheels were 6" wide and alloy wheels were 6.5" wide.

·
Registered
881 Posts
kidong said:
Are you sure Moza? Those stock mag wheels are definitely 7" here in New Zealand. I have measured them meself. Never seen any of them in the 6.5" catergory.
We've been through this before on Rav4oz, it seems Austrailia got 6.5" Alloys for some reason. I figure it is so that the dealers could sell the aloy wheel package without having to also upgrade to the 235 tire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts