Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Members!
I'm happy to become a member so I can share my own experiences & learn from others who are also RAV4 owners. Looking forward to many fruitful conversations here.
I actually stumbled upon this site as I was researching a problem with the new 2017 Rav4 Hybrid that I've almost bought. I say "almost bought" because I haven't actually taken delivery of the vehicle from the dealership yet. So let me take this opportunity to jump right in & seek advice.
My new 2017 Rav4 Hybrid does not come with an alarm system. I called Toyota Customer Service & they confirmed this. I'm also being told that Toyota's own VIP (Vehicle Intrusion Protection) System cannot be installed on my vehicle because it is not compatible as my vehicle has a VIN # starting with "JT". The dealership did offer a third-party alarm system called as Pursuit made by AudioVox but installing that will void Toyota's Vehicle Warranty as confirmed by the Toyota's Customer Service Rep. Besides, the dealership has informed us that they are currently not installing any alarm systems on the 2017 Rav4 Hybrids as it is creating problems with the Electronic Control Unit of the vehicle!
I'm totally frustrated with this situation! Where do I go from here???
What are other owners of the 2017 Rav4 Hybrid doing? Any advice will be very valuable & highly appreciated, please help!
Sincere Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts