Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

641 - 648 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been pulling a larger, heavier boat with mine without a problem so you should be fine. So far, my only complaint has been with the lack luster braking of my RAV when slowing down with my boat in tow. My trailer does not have electric brakes and I can definitely feel it back there. I'll be curious to hear your opinion after you've towed a time or two. Good luck!
Willie

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been pulling a larger, heavier boat with mine without a problem so you should be fine. So far, my only complaint has been with the lack luster braking of my RAV when slowing down with my boat in tow. My trailer does not have electric brakes and I can definitely feel it back there. I'll be curious to hear your opinion after you've towed a time or two. Good luck!
Willie
Will definitely come back and report, should be picking it up by April 1st so that will be the final test time... sounds good to hear that people have gone with larger loads, and honestly even my brother in law said if I got the other boat, I would definitely need electric brakes on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Uhaul setup on my Rav. It's small and barely noticeable. Didn't come with a hitch though. I know the towing capacity is pretty small as well. Believe it's 1500-2000 on my 2012.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Uhaul setup on my Rav. It's small and barely noticeable. Didn't come with a hitch though. I know the towing capacity is pretty small as well. Believe it's 1500-2000 on my 2012.
Yeah that's their cheaper class II model with the 1 1/4" opening, more meant for the 4cyl Rav4's than the V6, this one is rated at 675 Pound Tongue Weight, 4500 Pound Towing and class III.

641 - 648 of 648 Posts
About this Discussion
647 Replies
189 Participants
Aerton
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing