Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2019 XLE.
  • Samsung S7 paired w/ car
  • Phone will route all media audio to rav4 when car is turned on
  • Listen to music on USB drive most of the time
  • on occasional trips, will run Waze/Google Maps on phone
  • since phone routes audio to rav4 and I'm listening to music on USB, I will not hear the turn by turn instructions
  • work around is to turn off bluetooth on phone. Turn by turn directions will output to phone speaker
  • side effect is I cannot use hands free phone call due to phone is disconnected from car.

Note: while listening to USB audio w/ phone connected bluetooth, usb audio pauses when I get a phone call or text message, which is expected.

Question:
anyone know of a way to make Waze direction prompts work with USB audio being active?

thx

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
Do you have Entune 3.0 app installed on the phone? If not, install it, if it is, remove it. I use an iphone on Carplay now, but in my '16 Ltd HV I used an S7 with bluetooth music from the phone, seemed to work pretty good even tho I never used the App Suite itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a 2019 XLE.
  • Samsung S7 paired w/ car
  • Phone will route all media audio to rav4 when car is turned on
  • Listen to music on USB drive most of the time
  • on occasional trips, will run Waze/Google Maps on phone
  • since phone routes audio to rav4 and I'm listening to music on USB, I will not hear the turn by turn instructions
  • work around is to turn off bluetooth on phone. Turn by turn directions will output to phone speaker
  • side effect is I cannot use hands free phone call due to phone is disconnected from car.
Note: while listening to USB audio w/ phone connected bluetooth, usb audio pauses when I get a phone call or text message, which is expected.

Question:
anyone know of a way to make Waze direction prompts work with USB audio being active?

thx
Have you set the nav to “Play as Bluetooth phone call”?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no "Play as Bluetooth phone call" option on the Android version of Waze. I've enabled "play sound to phone speaker" and now I can get directions w/o having to turn off BT on the phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts