Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that when switching from FM to AM radio the sound level significantly drops off?

I find it hard to believe that I'm going deaf only when AM is on. :cry:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually never had this problem with other cars or at least it hasn't been noticable. Next time I drive the RAV I'll compare the sound level # with the output. I do a lot of surfing and switching from FM to AM is useless without having to always adjust the sound.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I noticed that you can have some of the settings different on am fm1 fm2 cd and aux. For example, you can have your bass at -5 on am but bass on +5 on fm. Different settings like this will produce a different sound that may affect the volume a bit.

M

·
0 Posts
I noticed that you can have some of the settings different on am fm1 fm2 cd and aux. For example, you can have your bass at -5 on am but bass on +5 on fm.
Really?! That is sooo cool! Now I have to try that. 8)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
herk said:
I noticed that you can have some of the settings different on am fm1 fm2 cd and aux. For example, you can have your bass at -5 on am but bass on +5 on fm. Different settings like this will produce a different sound that may affect the volume a bit.
Thanks herk..... :thumbs_up:

Raised the mid range on AM and it made a big difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts