Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Am I going crazy?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MPFirearmPhotography 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alright I am coming up on 1 month since I bought my 2016 RAV AWD. It has 900 miles on it. When I have my windows down and push on the brake I hear like a somewhat grinding noise. I don't know if it's just me or what. I tried to have my girlfriend listen but says she can't hear it. What should I look for or should I take it to the dealer?

#2 ·
When your RAV sits overnight, it develops a film of rust on the rotors. The first couple of times you brake, you will hear a grinding noise as the rust is scraped away. This is perfectly normal. If there is always a grinding noise when you brake, THEN you have a problem.

#5 ·
That loaner may have sat for days building up rust on the rotors.

#7 ·
Well tried to simulate it after work and I think I am just paranoid as this is my first brand new car. I am still trying to figure out the different noises and what not to get used to like the whistling transmission and sorts like that. This is a whole different ball game than the v8 pickup I was in haha.

Thanks for the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.